Petco / they are non professional

Took our Cocker spaniel to be groomed at Petco in Mid Rivers, Missouri. Ticket said 11 bucks for the shave and 40 for the cocker cut and brush. WHAT BRUSH. The dog was shaved down to the skin on her entire body. They obviously had no clue as to what a cocker cut was. Her legs were shaved down to the skin also. She resembled a hound dog not a cocker spaniel any more. They didn't even bother to call me to tell me. They first charge you the money. THEN BRING your dog out. I have cried all week end knowing I have to deal with this until the hair now grows out to some amount of normal. If you love your pet please stay clear of this place. They are non professional and I am wondering if they even had a license to do something this grotesque.

Va

Comments

• K1
      22nd of Dec, 2009

Firstly, when a dog is shaved down like that it is almost always because the dog is so matted that it is impossible to get a brush through the coat, the more you brush your dog at home it is less likely this will happen. Secondly you pay first because it prevents people from walking out with their dogs and not paying. Thirdly it is unprofessional not 'non professional'