Petco / retail prices - buyer beware!
I am writing this review not to criticize the above product (which is of very good quality and performance) but rather to address the a pricing issue with the product. On 7/11/06, I bought this heater from the Johnstown, Pennsylvania Petco store. Upon checking out, I thought the price was too high when compared to Petco's online store as well as other online retailers. When I compared the prices that evening, the online price (w/o) shipping was $20 compared to the $40 I paid retail. I called both the store and Petco Inc. the following morning, and Petco representatives stated that they do not price match between the retail and online stores due to differing contract obligations. I priced the item on Amazon and with non-expedited shipping, the cost of the item would have only been $27.00.
Buyer beware - either buy from Petco's online store, another comparable online stores, or more preferably, support your local pet retailers and purchase from them as the Petco Retail Stores have basically been given a license to significantly overcharge customers. I highly doubt I will be shopping at Petco again until this policy is changed. There are other stores that price match between online and retail stores - like Circuit City - and there is no excuse for such a policy.
More Petco Complaints & Reviews
- Petco - rewards scam! 
- Petco - my puppy got 1/3 her nipple cut off during a standard groom 
- Petco Corporate - petco product 
- Petco (P.A.L.S.) - p.a.l.s. is a scam 
- Petco - store 1520 
- Petco Animal Supplies - online order and service representative lies
- Petco Animal Supplies - petco should not sell animals!
- Petco Animal Supplies - poor customer service from cashier
- Petco Animal Supplies - grooming
- Petco - Cashier and groomer