Pep Boys / unethical behavior

Temple, TX, United States

For the 3rd time in 6 months, I had to take my car to pep boys in temple, tx store #1781. The issue the 1st time in was due to my car shaking, smoking, and running hot. 1st visit stopped the car from shaking but it continued to smoke and run hot. 2nd visit, again I was guaranteed everything was checked on the vehicle, that this was something different but they would fix it and check everything else. I paid again!!! 3rd visit, yesterday, my car is still running hot. Chris, said, "oh this is the thermostat. And the water pump is leaking". How is this not related to the initial point of my visit? Chris expects me to pay when I have paid for labor that was not done. He states this is normal wear and tear on the vehicle. I refuse to believe that, if in fact they had checked everything on either of the previous visits.

• Updated by None2125, Feb 13, 2018

After speaking with the Area Manager, John D. I am extremely happy with the outcome of this situation. It is unfortunate that such extreme measure had to be taken for a response, but I am thankful for the resolution. If you choose to take your vehicle in for service at a Pep boys location, be sure that the requested work is completed prior to driving off. As i stated i appreciate them adhering to their word and completing the work on the vehicle. It should not have taken 6 months to get done.

Feb 12, 2018