PeoplePC.com / Very poor customer service!
For nearly three months, I have tried to end my services with Peoplepc. As with any contract, I have tried to do this in writing. Peoplepc does not accept anything in wiring. They will only accept phone calls.
This may not be an issue except for the fact that I have tried several times to contact customer service only to have to wait 20-30 minutes. This evening, I got through after 10 minutes. However, it took me 30 minutes to convince the service representative that I did not want any service with peoplepc for the following reasons:
* It takes too much time to get through to customer service
* They had overcharged me for a number of months. When I changed to DSL, I was asked to keep peoplepc as a backup for a mere $6.95 per month. Somewhere along the line they changed this charge to $10.97 a month. I have been negligent in not checking the invoice.
* I did not give ot them my new check card number. However, they continued to submit charges until my bank allowed it. Now when I ask for the money to be refunded, they are lying about the fact that they changed the card number once authorized by the bank. They refuse to refund my money and the reactivation fee. They contend that I authorized the new card in February but did not charge it until this week.
* The service is poor.
I hope no one falls for any of Peoplepc's manipulations. If you have to use a phone connection try Netzero or anyone else. Nothing is good about peoplepc.
More PeoplePC.com Complaints & Reviews
- Earthlink - Total incompetence 
- PeoplePC.com - Charged for canceled account 
- PeoplePC.com - Online scam
- Earthlink - Unable to close the Earthlink account 
- PeoplePC - Bad service 
- PeoplePC.com - Peoplepc. Allowed fraud on my acct. My emails stolen
- EarthLink / Windstream Services - earthlink hyperlink
- EarthLink / Windstream Services - wifi
- EarthLink.net - it will never get better
- peoplepc online an earthlink brand - unethical canceling practices