People PC / Billing Scam
Type in People PC Scam in your web browser and you'll get lots of hits. This is not the friendly little internet provider that you see in their commercials. Their internet service is just fine but good luck cancelling your account. When calling their telephone number to cancel your account, you're directed to a call center in India. The person answering the phone will give you a name like Bob or Doris, yeah right. When you try to cancel your account, you will get a ten minute sales pitch. I finally had to get nasty with the phone rep and ask them if they understood the words "cancel my account". They will assure you that your account is closed but make sure you check your credit card statement the next month. They will continue to charge your card some amount, in my case $1.95. I caught them and called them on it. They informed me that I had indeed cancelled my internet service with them but I had failed to tell them that I wanted my internet address also deleted.
What a scam. They assured me that with my second call that my "internet address" account for a $1.95 a month had now also been closed. We'll see what happens. From the other posts on this site, I'll bet the charges keep coming on my credit card.
"Bob" from India said I didn't have to get so nasty with him on the phone last time. If they charge my credit card one more time, I'm going to introduce "Bob" to some nice American cuss words. Stay away from this company, they are evil.
More People PC Complaints & Reviews
- PeoplePC.com - Online scam
- PeoplePC.com - Charged for canceled account 
- Earthlink - Total incompetence 
- Earthlink - Unable to close the Earthlink account 
- PeoplePC.com - Very poor customer service! 
- PeoplePC.com - peoplepc. allowed fraud on my acct. my emails stolen
- EarthLink / Windstream Services - earthlink hyperlink
- EarthLink / Windstream Services - wifi
- EarthLink.net - it will never get better
- peoplepc online an earthlink brand - unethical canceling practices