People PC / They have continued to charge my bank account for different amounts after i had canceled my service with them!

1 Detroit, MI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-226-1015

Their internet service kept freezing up so I decided to cancel service and go with a new internet service provider. Soon after my computer went down and I had to get it serviced. After receiving my computer back, I decided to go with AT&T internet service. I was checking my checking account transactions online and noticed I had a withdrawal from people pc which shouldn't have been there due to my canceling their service. I researched my account and found that I had several different withdrawals and all for different amounts. 10/08/07 for $7.97, 11/08/07 for $10.25, 12/07/07 for $17.42, 1/08/08 for $18.23, and 2/08/08 for $18.90. Every month it went up! And for what? Internet service that I had canceled! I called and talked to a representative to see what they were going to do about this problem. After canceling my service, ONCE AGAIN, they would not give me a refund for all those months of unused service! Get this, after all that, because I didn't call them before the next billing cycle, I'm still being charged for their services until March 08,2008! GO FIGURE! This company is whack and should be put OUT OF BUSINESS!

Comments

Sa
  20th of Mar, 2008

I cancel my service with peoplepc in 2007 because i switch to at&t dsl. They gave me a promotional offer that i did not ask for then they starting charging my bank account after i told them i wanting my service cancel. Please beware of this company they are a ripoff and they will not let you speak to higher authority person. They have a very unprofessional attitude and they are not here to please the consumer.

Lg
  2nd of Apr, 2008

PEOPLE PC = CROOKS!!!

I ordered service. I was required to pre-pay for the first month and allow auto pay for monthly charges. Told installation software would be on it's way.

A month goes by and no software. I call and they tell me they will resend and that I'll have it in 7-10 business days. They debit my account for another month.

14 days go by and still no software. Now I just want my money back.

I call and talk to Mark, who is obviously not in this country. I tell him to cancel the service and refund my money. He tells me no, flat out. Then he tells me his name is Mike. He also tells me that they will continue to debit my account every month whether I ever receive their software or use their service. Mark-Mike tells me that they will never close my account and will charge as often as they like. I tell Mark-Mike that"s what he thinks.

I hang up and call my bank immediately. I tell the lady what Mark-Mike said to me and that I have never received anything or used any service from People PC. She cancelled the debit card and gave me all my money back.

When People PC tried to charge me again the next month, they got a nasty little surprise! Two can play at that game!

Needless to say, I have never heard from them again... I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

The FCC really should investigate People PC...

Ja
  10th of Apr, 2008

I signed up for a 30-day free trial of PeoplePC back in November. I had gotten points through a reward program for signing up. I never once even installed it on my computer. I have internet through my cable company.

So I canceled after 3 days. I was told that everything was canceled and I would no longer be billed. So 4 months go by and my credit card had been compromised and was canceled. A few days later I get a call from PeoplePc telling me that my monthly fee could not be processed. so I called them and they tell me that when I had never canceled their service. Apparently, I had been billed every month, unknowingly. I told them that I had canceled after only a few days during my free trial and that I wanted the account closed.

PeoplePC refused to close the account until I paid them the balance on the account due to my card being declined. I continued to explain to them that I have never even used their services and that I had been fraudulently billed for the past 4 months. So that call got me nowhere.

So every day, their billing department calls about 5 times a day to collect the balance on the account. I have spoken with 14 reps and 5 supervisors. All of which have claimed they could not help me. They claim that they cannot close an account that has a balance on it.

So the harassing calls keep coming every day. Eventually I had enough. I typed out a nice letter to the California State Attorney General. I made one last attempt and called them to rectify the issue. I got some Indian guy on the phone named Bob (yeah... ok). Bob connected me with a supervisor. I explained to the supervisor the situation and informed him that if the matter could not be addressed while I was on the phone that I would be mailing my letter out to the California State Attorney General in the morning. I then proceeded to read my letter to him to let him know that I wasn't just bs'ing. Amazingly enough, he was able to go right in and zero out the balance on the account and close it. So you would think that would be the end of it, right?

WRONG!!! Every day I am still getting at least 3-5 calls per day from their billing department. When I ask why they are calling, they start to say "There is a balance on your account of...um...zero dollars." I then proceed to tell them to stop calling me or I will file a harassment suit. I have spoken with several reps and several supervisors SINCE my account has been closed (again) and NOBODY can tell me why I am continuallt being called. So today again (at 8am) they are calling me again.

So I am writing this complaint to warn everyone to STAY AWAY from PeoplePC. It is a horrible company. I will be sending out my letter to the California State Attorney General's office later today, as well as filing a complaint with the BBB. Not that the BBB really does anything. If you have similar issues with PeoplePC, I recommend contacting the Attorney General in their state. If they receive enough complaints, they will go after them. The BBB really can't do much other than send them a letter telling them they have a complaint. So the BBB is pretty useless in my opinion.