Pella / Windows

St Paul, MN, United States Review updated:

Well, seven windows were replaced in my house. I almost went with the competition to do the job. I clearly remember the salesman from the competition tell me "Good Luck", when I told him I was going with Pella to replace my windows. All seven windows were to be replaced within two days. After the wrong size windows were ordered and some of the windows were damaged the install crew came out again 5 weeks after the first appointment. Again, a window was the incorrect size. Five weeks later the install crew came again. This time a screen was ripped and the sash was dented. After the fourth time of coming to my house, amazingly the job was complete (1 week shy of 4 months after the initial install date). In addition to this the install crew did not pick up after themselves with saw dust left on the grass, caulking that was all over the grass directly below where each window was replaced and caulking on my driveway that is permanently stained and nicked/gashed drywall in my bedroom. Good thing I didn't have all the windows in the house replaced. I haven't decided if I would use Pella to replace the rest of the windows in the house? Two of my neighbors need new windows in their house, so they asked me about my experience. Yea... It is ironic I remember the salesman from the other company say to me "Good Luck."

Jj

Comments

• Gs
      25th of Sep, 2012

I don't think that Luck or even God's Grace can help once we purchased from Pella! We have also found out, by purchasing 49 Pella Architect Series Double Hung windows, that Pella does not stand behind their products. We are now working out our differences in a court of law. As many of you may know, once you have been taken by a company, at least in Iowa, we only had 2 years to file with the court for help. We gave Pella the benefit of the doubt and nearly 2 years to fix our windows. They refused to even attempt to provide any communication unless we called every day or emailed every day. We then figured out that Pella was only "playing us" to run out their 2 year time frame. So here we sit, waiting on the Iowa Court System to play out. Our trial is set for Marion County Court, Iowa on February 12, 2013. This has been a long time coming, as we have been homeless since the fall of 2009 when we installed our Pella windows into our home. They leak water/snow so badly that we have an extremely awful mold problem when it is wet. You can see the videos that are posted on YouTube of our home under Pella Window Problems. We posted these so that other home owners could see the potential windows that they might be thinking of putting into their homes. We want to educate the population on our problems. Please do your homework!