Passport Office - Ghaziabad / Poor service!

1 India Review updated:

My name is Swati Agarwal, I m from Ghaziabad, my passport was initially issued in 1997, at that time I was a minor. Right now i m working with an MNC, and my passport will be expiring in Month of Oct'07, (27th oct'07). My company has asked me for my passport details as my visa needs to be processed. I have been making rounds of the ghaziabad passport office. i have not seen a passport office as corrupt as this one. My passport was made from the Delhi office as there was not passport office in ghaziabad at that time, since this office is now there in ghaziabad i have to get my passport re issued from ghaziabad. I don't know what the hell is government is doing. we are comparing our growth with western countries and here we are still stuck in the old paradgim, not able to get out of it, the passport re issue policy sais that you need to pay Rs.1500+Rs.1000 for TATKAL reissue of the passport, but when you go to the passport office in ghaziabad the passport officer says, " I took a transfer to ghaziabad and i had to pay 5Lac for that, why should i make your passport so fast, i have spent some amount of money, i can process your passport in tatkal but you need to pay Rs.10000, so that i can renew it.

What rubbish, does it matter to us if he took a transfer or not, we never asked him to come here. i need a small job done for which gvt. charges, a total of rs.2500. but this man wants to fill his pocket.

My Question is what is the Government doing about this, as this is only causing frustration and irritation is general public.

Comments

• Ga
      14th of May, 2008

dear sir,
    i, mr gautham kumar from hyderabad want to apply fresh passport online.but while applying ONLINE everything is fine but DATE option is not proper and unable to select the date to go passport office.

so im unable to apply online..plz make another arrangement or make online registration website work properly...

you ll please get me solution for this problems while applying online.

• Ga
      14th of May, 2008

sir i am student and while applying online registration of passport unable to register the properly because of problem in website to select the required date.

will u please get me the solution for this.