Passport Office, Bangalore / Passport issue delay

1 India Review updated:

I have applied for a new passport on 14th Dec'07 in Bangalore. As my stay in Bangalore at that time was less than 1 year, the police verification had to be done both in Bangalore and my native place (Assam). But, now its more than 6 months and I have not yet received my passport. As verified with the police authorities in both the places, the verification report has already been sent by them to the passport authorities, Bangalore. But, when inquiring with the Passport Office, Bangalore, they are saying that they have not yet received the police verification report. When trying to call them up in the inquiry phone number, its very seldom that I get a response from the office. Also, its never possible to ask them a second question about the status and how can I proceed to get any update. The gentleman/lady receiving the call bangs the phone in seconds.
As I need the passport urgently to travel with my husband who would be traveling abroad shortly for a long term, I would like to request to kindly let me know some way to get any update regarding my passport status so that I can follow up regarding the same with the authorities if needed.

Comments

• Ve
      8th of Jul, 2008

I have applied for a new passport on 12th Dec'07 in Bangalore. As my stay in Bangalore at that time was less than 1 year, the police verification had to be done both in Bangalore and my native place (Assam). But, now its more than 1 year and I have not yet received my passport. As verified with the police authorities in both the places, the verification report has already been sent by them to the passport authorities, Bangalore. But, when inquiring with the Passport Office, Bangalore, they are saying that they have yet received the police verification report and the file is further processing. When trying to call them up in the inquiry phone number, As I need the passport urgently to travel with my office work. I would like to request to kindly let me know some way to get any update regarding my passport status so that I can follow up regarding the same with the authorities if needed.

• Km
      10th of Jul, 2008

sir, good evening si9r i have applied to my passport in the month of augest, i have got the police inquary also i had attend that but but my brokher had given the number that is z06347008 and i want to kniw that is the number is correct if correct than when the passport will come through post...

thanking you yours faithfully k.mazhar qureshi.

• Sh

BANGALORE 560029
    To
    Superintendent Passport officer
    Sub: Passport Not Received Till Date

Respected sir, this is Shaik Sanaullah, I am one among the Bangalore citizens who is facing a REAL problem for receiving my passport. Let me keep my conversation in brief I have submitted my application on 8/5/2008.And there were some discrepancies which I have cleared 15 working days ago. The online status says “we have received your police verification report your file is sent for further processing “. Sir I work in Night Shifts so its quite impossible for me to come in the morning to kormangala. I Plead you to send my passport since my company is planning me to send me abroad for business purpose. I hope you understand my situation .And I have been sending mails to problr@dataone.in I forget the count how many? Once again kindly revert back ASAP..

• Bh
      31st of Jul, 2008

I have applied for a new passport on Dec'07 in Bangalore. As my stay in Bangalore at that time was less than 1 year, the police verification had to be done both in Bangalore and my native place. But, now its more than 6 months and I have not yet received my passport. As verified with the police authorities in both the places, the verification report has already been sent by them to the passport authorities, Bangalore. But, when inquiring with the Passport Office, Bangalore, they are saying that they have not yet received the police verification report. When trying to call them up in the inquiry phone number, its very seldom that I get a response from the office. Also, its never possible to ask them a second question about the status and how can I proceed to get any update. The gentleman/lady receiving the call bangs the phone in seconds.

15th of Aug, 2008

my wife applied for passport last year .untill now she didnot received it .i am always mailing them nobody answer for my mail.

• Bi
      24th of Aug, 2008

Hi Friends,

In all of your situations it seems like that you guys havent paid the Bribe to the police people.

The Police person who signs the verification sheet charges 300 - 500 bucks.

Police people's has divided the bribe into two catogeries also:

South Indian: 200, 300 (denominations)
    North Indian: 300, 400 and 500.

After politicians these people are ruining the Country.

• Bi
      24th of Aug, 2008

Oops!! sry about my comment...

I thought it is a public forum, so i put my comment.

Please delete my post and dont take it seriously.

Please put the delete option in this forum also, so that self made post can be delete by himself only.

btw all the best for you guys, next time i will remember to check the public and complaint forum..

My intentions were not wrong.

• Im
      31st of Aug, 2008

police authorities are the main cause for delay in peoples passport, they ask for bribe in police stations
    and they only work for money.. if this same problem persists our india will not develop in future.
    police authorities demand for only bribes. rich people can pay bribe charges but what about the pooors..!!!
    first of all the lokayukta should be strengthened to cribe this problem.

• Vi
      11th of Sep, 2008

i have submitted all the records but still the process is not going on please check it.In status it is showing that ur file is gone for printing from last one month.Please inform me about that. Please

4th of Nov, 2008

i never got my passprt till now my file no ---w014318-08, ite on 13-09-08

• La
      5th of Nov, 2008

Dear sir
    I applied my son passport on 06/05/2008 at Bidar post office file no BNG W04218008 my son name HARSHAVARDHANREDDY Presently my family staying at my netiveplace at AURAD(SIRSI) TQ & DISTRICT: BIDAR.I CHECKED APPLICATION STATUSE AT YOUR WEBSITE APPLICATION IS OBJECTION CONTACT TO PERSONAL RELATION OFFICER. SIR PRESENTLY I AM OUT OF THE COUNTRY, & MY WIFE CANT CONTACT YOU PLEASE REPLY BY E-MAIL LET ME KNOW THE WHAT IS THE OBJECTION WHAT DOCUMENT YOU REQUIRED PL REPLY BY E-MAIL

WITH REGARD

File no-W59020008
    DOB-08/07/53
    application Date-24/07/08

Dear Sir,

I have applied for passport since 4 months back but still i have not received. passport suppose to be issue within 1 month after police varification.Mine police varification has also done long before..can you pls let me know the status, when should i receive passport in my hand .so i have to go for visa stamping before 20th november 2008.if possible please try to send before this date.

Regards
    Nataraj Mahajan

• Ab
      19th of Nov, 2008

Dear Sir
    I have submitted my son passport who is 3 months old on 15/10/08 when i was on vacation for two weeks from 31 September 2008 to 14 October 2008 and the application form for my son was signed in between this date by me and my wife and my and my wife original passport was submitted to Gulbarga Superintendent Police office for verification before my departure to Dubai and when i check the online status it is showing objection and it is mention there to submit the copy of parents passport and original for verification passport copies i will post it to u by speed passport and my original i cant bcoz i am in dubai u can know my entry and exit stamping by airport authority of India and UAE .I Hope u will favor me and expedite and release my son passport who is minor after receiving the copies of me and my wife passport through speed post hope u understand my situation and sort out this problem and reply me regarding above matter.

Thanking u

File Reference Number : W11631208
    Applicant's Name : AREEB AHMED KHAN
    Applicant's Date of Birth: 02/08/08

19th of Nov, 2008

Respected Sir,

(REFERRENCE FILE No. BNGW04198807)
    Sir, i have received Passport status in that i have been asked to produce the previous one year address proof and also police verification.

Sir, for address proof i have residential certificate, Driving license and ration card and for police verification i went to SP OFFICE (BIDAR). they said that they verified and sent it on 5/12/07.they gave me the file referrene number i.e 179/NT/SP/BDR/07.

kindly go through this referrence number and check. if everything is correct then please send my passport as soon as possible.

please reply if their is any other problem.

24th of Nov, 2008

Name -Sandeep Apparao
    File no-W04471608
    DOB-01/06/84
    application Date-10/10/08.

Dear sir,
    I have applied for passport on 10/10/2008 at Bidar head post office.
    My file number is W04471608 as I can see the file status as police verification is not received yet by RPO Bangalore and Status is marked with red signal.
    As verified with the police authorities in my native place, the verification report has already been sent by them to the passport authorities, Bangalore.
    Please look in to this matter and let me know if their is any other problem.

Thanks in advance.

• Su
      24th of Nov, 2008

Sir,

This is in regards to the passpoort application made by me last month.Last weekl I got a call from the local police station(Madiwala, Bangalore) for verification.
    I was asked for 2 copies of SIMILAR photograph which I had pasted on the passport application form.I asked the lady as to why nobody told me when they called me.She replied that the cannot waste their currency by calling us .I told her infact I had called up to enquire about what things I need to bring along with.She said that they dont have time to answer our queries.
    I really didnot expect such kind of a rude behaviour from her.
    After filling another form the lady asked me to pay Rs.200 without any receipt.The lady also asked me for extra Rs.300 to get the file passed by the commissioner.I refused.
    You cannot argue with police staffs.
    They are supposed be be protectors of LAW how ever they have their own laws.

Can someone answer as to why these practices exist?
    Arent these people ashamed of what they are doing?
    So many people are raising their issues on these kind of forums but I wonder whether any of their issue is resolved or not.
    But those people who are a part of these entire corruption should be penalized.

5th of Mar, 2009

Hi,

I got My passport 3 months before, there is spelling mistakes in the name,
    why it happens like this name ..
    what i supposed to do now ?

14th of Mar, 2009

hi this is anu
    i submitted my passport form in first week of september
    i didnt received my passport till the todays date...
    i think passport offices are closed totally
    or they don't want to work...
    kindly do something for my passport
    my passport no is B14875408
    my contact no is 09844498792 or 09844254375

• Sh
      23rd of Apr, 2009

Hi, Sir

This is sharanabasappa. s. wale from gulbarga, i have not remember my register number, i applied 3 months back, still i not received my passport, then without register number, how can i check passport status, actually they provide only small receipts, how can we carry that for many days, please tell me how to conform that.

my E-MAIL ID :sharanwali@gmail.com
    contact no-9845250148

• Kh
      30th of Jun, 2009

I have applied the passport on 11/5/09 till date ihave not recived plz conform when ican get

khaleel_ksk@yahoo.co.in