Paris Charles de Gaulle International Airport - CDG Airport / humiliation in cdg airport

1 France Review updated:

Paris Charles de Gaulle International Airport - CDG Airport
www.paris-cdg.com

Airport Security Rules clearly indicate that liquids of less than 100ml and total of 1 Litre are allowed to pass security check.

On Oct 25th on my way home I purchase in Auchan Velizy the following prepacked small packages:

Kiri Creme - 8 packages - each of 20g - total 160g

Boursin Kof Assorti - 12 packages - each 18g - total of 192g

Crottin de Chevre- 2 packages - each 60g - total 120g

Mini Baby Bell - 18 packages - each 20g - total 160

All this were confiscated by Security Control which refused to identify itself, failed to present written statement where "froamge" is forbidden via security gates, responded with "MERDE" when asked to bring his superior, then called police which searched me and also refused to identify themselves.

My consumer and personal rights were severely violated, though I explicitly purchased and packed items as indicated in the published "Airport Security Rules"

I was not given chance to protest and complain to the airport authorities since CDG web site has no information where to file complains and claims.

Va

Comments

• Sj
      20th of Mar, 2008

I had a similar experience. The agent was abusive and cruel. I am wondering if anyone knows how to lodge a complaint directly with CDG Airport Security.

• Da
      11th of Aug, 2009

Paris (Charles De Gaulle ) airport is the absolute worst airport I have ever been to. Volumes of traffic handled with ease elsewhere is turned into the biggest cluster F____K I have ever seen.

It took me two and a half hours after landing at Terminal 2B to collect my bags, ride their joke of a bus to Terminal 2E, check in for my ongoing flight, and get through security. One and a half hours waiting to clear security!

• Ar
      22nd of Sep, 2009

What's nice about CDG airport security guys is that they are completely immune to complaints. They are really above the law. Even the French one !!!

• Na
      6th of Nov, 2009

We travel a lot and CDG airport was the worst experience ever (even Americans are much more organised and in control of things!), in fact, I got the feeling first time ever that I was racially abused for being white by black people working there as everyone involved was black and totally ignorant:
    1. The bus driver (African orignin) who took us from plane to the terminal building was playing with his i-pod or some other tool with headphones and didn't notice that my son (20 months old) and I (5 months pregnant at the time) were the last to get off the bus. He shut the doors when I was already part way on the pavement but my son was still in the bus as I was getting him off. I had to shout on top of my voice & bang on the door to make him stop. The lady (African orignin) who was standing near the terminal doors (normally their job is to make sure that passengers get off the bus and go to the terminal building) clearly was having a job of a lamp post and didn't even indicate to the driver that there were still people getting of the bus! I asked her why wouldn't she tell him - she just smiled and pointed her finger to us to go inside!!!
    Clearly no apology given from either of them. When I went to AirFrance Customer Service Desk and asked how to complaint nobody knew anything about complaints (as if it never happens there!) and they said that it was impossible that anyone would use headphones or i-pod when driving the buses at the Airport (so now I was accused of lies!). As I kept insisting, a lady (African orignin), spoke on the phone to someone in French (which I am not fluent in at all so understood nothing!). Put the phone down, signed and said that she reported it to the bus supervisor. But she never did give him the bus number which I wrote above or any description or a name or reference number etc.

2. To top things up, at the Security area, another lady (also African origin), asked me to show her the content of my son's change bag and said that she wanted to see baby food. Fine - everywhere they do it, I show food, try it etc. and it's all "thank you and you may go". I showed her milk bottle and she shortly said "I don't need this". Fine. Then she pulled the change bag from me to her side of the table, looked at me coldly and started taking all the things out on the table. She saw my baby's cutlery set, which had really imitation of baby folk and knife (which I showed to AirFrance people before and they approved it and also as I was transiting from Heathrow, it all went through security there - so really I had no worries about it all). She lifted the folk and knife from the case, moved it holding in front of my face and without saying a word raised her eyebrows... I said that I was really sorry but AirFrance told she was the Airport Security and if I had a complaint I can do so, pushed the things towards me, sat down on her chair and pressed the buzzer next to the desk. Well, I thought, great, pregnant, with the toddler and likely to be accused of abusing Airport Security. I asked her " what next?" but she stood up and went to another desk to check another mother with the toddler (both African origin) to whom she was really nice and even joked with that child. I was waiting, really not sure what to do... then another security officer asked her in French as to why I was waiting, she shook her head and said something, he then said to me " Madam, you may go". I said: are you sure, as this lady was very angry and she didn't say so to me. "No, she told me that you could go a while ago" he said. thought I'd better double check with her directly, I came and said whether it was true that I could go but she looked at me, smiled and turned her back, resting her rear on the table in front of me. Well, the rage waves woke up in me and I just bursted into tears (being slammed on my leg by their bus doors and dragged a meter or so just an hour ago and now this!). I said to another security officer that I needed to speak to her supervisor as this is not the way to treat people. She may have authority to take items away, fine, but she should also have said that I could pack my baby's things back in our bag and could go. and there was no need to push my things in an aggressive way towards me at all, ignoring me afterwards and particularly turning her rear to me. How was I supposed to know what was on her mind when she pressed the buzzer or what that buzzer did. I complained to someone who named himself as the supervisor and they promissed that a report would be filed and that I'd get an email about it. Alais, time has gone and surely no emails from CDG - Personally, on this last occasion, I felt very strongly that it was a racism behaviour towards me, particularly, as I observed how she was behaving with another passenger who was of the same origin... I can't complaint about her as I don't have her official work number, although, I'll recognise her but I'd really like to officially complain about the bus driver as I have the details. If anyone knows how and where this can be done, please let me know! Thanks a lot!
    Natalie

• Th
      30th of Mar, 2010

after having the unpleasant expeirence of landing in cdg my girlfriend and i decided to eat a so called restauraunt "meli melo" i too was subjected to racial treatment the woman was also of ( african origin) after paying over the odds for a slice of pizza and a burnt spag ball 15.05 euros, i asked for tea for which she charged and never offered cups, milk, or sugar!! simple things !! i wandered around aimlessly for five minutes untill i went back to her and she tried to charge me twice and grunted something in french at me! i ten had to ask for milk and gave me two mickey mouse milk cups absolute disgrace to treat a paying customer.I then decided to visit a place called exki in terminal 2e what a mistake girl behind the counter was french so thought we might be treated a little better! another mistake, bought some cakes and tea besides being ripped off again it must have been her time of the month cause she had the attitude of a spoilt kid asked for milk??? on the table she says!!! no milk or sgar went back and asked agian and with a face like thunder she managed to get the energy to pour a small cup fo milk for bth of us, we were in that bad of a mood at this stage we decided to leave the worst airport on the planet, we have just been to dubai and found the service second to none pepole there are working for half the money and twice the service!! the owners of cdg airport should take there own gang of unprofessionals to dubai for a week and see how customers should be treated.

• To
      5th of Apr, 2010

well i have a little different complaint. today my 16 year old son was traveling from de gaulle back to newark in the states with a group of his classmates and teachers. as they approached security there was a proteset going on. instead of clearing the area of innocent passer-bys these idiots go and tear gas the whole area including these students and teachers. is france suddenly a third world country where they shoot first and ask questions later. get your act straight

• Gi
      19th of May, 2010

I travelled through Paris CDG on Sunday, 16th May with a party of Italy Star Veterans on our way home to Aberdeen. Seven of our party were in wheelchairs and we wer not allowed to accompany them when going from Terminal 2D to 2E. Several of our more able bodied friends were subjected to rigorous security but nothing compared to the actrocious way in which those in wheelchairs were treated (many of them in their 90's) . One gentleman had his shoes removed and taken away for some time leaving him to walk about in his stocking soles. This treatment was down to one "little hitler" as my Dad described him. I too would like to know how to complain directly to Airport Security.

• Ne
      20th of Jul, 2010

Same thing happened to me and my family (6 in total) but not just at the airport, even if you ask them for name they denied to give their names also at the cab, hotel, stores... The solution or at least my solution will be to never spend a dollar in that country. We were really excited for our vacation. The truth is that France will not make if it wasn't for the tourists. The goverment should train them how to treat humans. They are so rude.

• Au
      6th of Aug, 2010

I completely agree with the complaints made above. The main problem at Charles De Gaulle airport is that the vast majority of the staff there are basically 'the unemployables'. The French government needs to 'encourage' employers that it has influence over to employ 'people' who would never be able to get jobs in the private sector. After all, if you came across people of this calibre at your local bank you would immediately close your account, wouldn't you? Would you stand for that kind of obnoxious behavior? If the French goverment didn't find a way to keep these people 'occupied', they would be throwing stones and burning cars in the nasty areas of Paris and the French government wouldn't want a repeat of 2005 now, would they? That would really bruise their egos.
    I am a frequent traveller for work purposes and I have had my 'issues' with these orangutangs. Some of the stories are real shockers. The worst are experienes suffered by elderly or female friends. But there is no need to write as the cases are just too sad and numerous. Now I have just learnt to laugh and just thank my lucky stars that I was born with some sort of culture. Also I am very pleased that I don't come from a country that is so roundly disliked by anybody who has visited it. After all, these people certainly don't do anything for their country now, do they?

• Am
      17th of Jan, 2011

My family and I intend to complain and came across this.

Go crazy people, I know I will be!

Amber

21st of Aug, 2012

i was just through CDG security at 2F gate 5, there are a lot of aficans working there, they are abusive and not much help, I had to go out through passport control and check my carry on, because I bought duty free alcohol in canada and they wont allow that in CDG, so I hope it arrives in Tunis as there are tons of Africans between CDG and Tunis who love to steal from luggage. I was very upset with these low life people, the lowest of human life exists at CDG security. Besides this, I had to get my passport restamped coming back in, it is hard enough to get a new passport, havi ng extra stamps does not help. CDG is really a [censored]e hole of a place, the africans working in the airport make it just that much more intolerable to handle. God help France.

• Br
      30th of Sep, 2012

Had similar abuse at this airport...IT IS THE "PITS"
    Ripped off at the so called restaurant "MELI MELO ...
    This is by far the worst place I have ever eaten in CRAP!!!

• Hj
      12th of Mar, 2013

My wife flew from Nimes airport on Sunday 10-3-2013 on Ryanair to Charleroi. She had two 50 ml Sisheido cream pots and a 15 ml travel package eye water in a plastic transparent bag, total value approx 100 euro. The security officer threw the pots away in a trash bin telling her that the bag was not an official bag. They refused her to go back to arrange a bag or to return the goods to my self on the land side though there was plenty of time left before departure. My wife does not speak French and the security officer, an approx 50 years old guy, obviously discriminated her because of that, as he let other (French) passengers before her through with liquids without even a plastic bag. Friends of mine in the region told me that Nimes airport is notorious for racism and discrimination in its security check team, as well as stealing belongings of passengers by confiscating them. If you are non-French, better avoid Nimes airport.

• Na
      15th of Jan, 2015

I agree with all the comments above. The French CDG staff are extremely and obnoxiously xenophobic and racist. I had priority boarding on a Delta flight to Minneapolis St. Paul and was merely transiting through CDG. I was already concerned in traveling right after the incidents the prior week as I hold a Turkish passport. I am female, and look European but as soon as they saw my passport, the staff asked me to step aside. I had already undergone security thrice-twice at Istanbul Ataturk, and once transiting to terminal M at CDG. The extra detention, turning on laptops, ipods, phones and what not, and taking off shoes, being asked about my stay in the US was redundant. When I inquired into why, the staff said I was speaking too fast and could not understand me. I am a university prof of international politics with specialization on counterterrorism, migration, and border security, ironically enough and I work for a major research university in the US. Moreover, I have lived abroad for 17 years, 14 of which are in the US, and 3 in the UK. My parents are dual citizens and the university is sponsoring me for US residency. I have been traveling back and forth twice a year for a total of 17 years. The Staff claimed the Department of Homeland Security had forwarded a list of names to them. In total 4 people were searched, me, a Turkish national, a holder of a passport from Bangladesh, and two Pakistanis. Coincidence much? This is clear and abject racial and religious profiling, based on origin country dominant religion. I am personally secular, and a profound believer in laicite -but all this should not matter in 'randomly' selecting individuals for screening. I had priority boarding and my hands were trembling by the time I boarded the flight after everyone else did. This is unacceptable and I will make sure to pursue legal action against the CDG staff. and they claimed they could not speak English or understand me since I was speaking too rapidly.. I had to say everything slowly. I could understand them ironically enough. I have every right to know why I'd be asked to step aside and will not drop this issue. You make a big fuss about standing shoulder to shoulder with Muslims lest you get accused of Islamophobia. It's not even a religion I personally believe in or have ever practiced-but my personal beliefs should have no bearing on how I'm treated-and least of all should be my country of origin. One guy went so far as to say quoting him: "you teach foreign policy, surely you understand why"., hinting at the current Turkish government's policies-thus assuming that I support Erdogan. I never have, and never will-I despite him utterly and all the values he stands for-if they can be called values -but again my personal beliefs and political behavior should have no consequence on how I'm treated at an international airport.

• Mo
      4th of Apr, 2015

have just gone through security for my connecting flight from Tokyo to Dublin (20min prior posting this review), and I was so shocked about the attitude of the woman at security that I immediately looked for a way to post a complaint.
    A Chinese passenger was going through security, and he had left his camera in his backpack, which pissed off the already really rude and obnoxious woman, who proceeded to make fun of the poor guy, in French, with another security agent. The conversation:
    "It doesn't matter how many times you show them the pictures (talking about the pictures of what items you have to put in the trays), they never understand... I don't know how the hell they manage to live!"

And because he was struggling to open his backpack (the zip was caught in the cloth), she took it off his hands to do it for him, and said "oh god, wait... I have to play his mummy now".

I really wish these reviews are being checked up, and I hope that horrible woman gets a good talk from whomever is in charge of her.

She was a 50ish blond woman with glasses, working at security of gate L, Terminal E, at about 1pm on the 4/4/15.

• Kc
      4th of Dec, 2015

Again, CDG proves to be the worst run airport that I have the displeasure of traveling through. In this case security made me dump liquids in containers that were not beyond any restrictions. The staff was rude, belligerent, and when I complained became vindictive. The complaint form mentioned above is distinction all, just like the airport. Horrible place run by ithe ncompetent.

• Su
      3rd of Feb, 2016

On Sunday 31 Jan 2016 we flew from Martinique to Orly and transferred to CdG to catch a connecting flight to Newcastle, U.K. It would take too long to itemise all the problems: the machines could not read passports, boarding cards had to be printed elsewhere, staff left their posts and disappeared. The queues for baggage drop-off were lengthy and confused (we were carrying life vests with CO2 cylinders, agreed by Air France, which caused systems to reject us - and as we approached desks, the operatives did not want to know). It took us two hours to check in and drop off our hold luggage, something we had done in about 20 minutes at Martinique. Staff in the eateries couldn't be bothered to serve us. Then, as we approached security, we had our passports checked visually by duplicated staff standing about two metres apart. It was 'affreux', and a disgrace to a nation that one thinks of as having some sophistication. We resolved never to use CdG again.

• Lu
      29th of May, 2016

Charles De Gaulle airport is dirty and badly maintained. There are no business facilities before security and the charging points are broken.

Parts of the airport had been vandalised and the broken mess is on the floor.

The food is expensive and there is no choice.

I would never have believed that a national airport could be this bad.

• Ev
      29th of May, 2016

Coming from New York and going to Amsterdam we had an hour to go though security with only hand luggage and present passport to get into Schengen. Same terminal. We almost missed our flight due to the fact that there was a long queue to present passport and only one guy there. Passengers with business class tickets regularly cut our line to get priority access to the desk with the one guy checking passports. At some time if i had not protested to go first i would have missed my flight. I only had 15 minutes to access Gate F33 and had to run like hell. I am senior and should not have to do this. I am French and shocked when thinks like that happen. There were about 8 desks in total and only one open. This was on the 29 May 2016 around 8:00 am. Next time I will avoid going via roissy.

8th of Jul, 2016

Cdg security: going through security check, I incidentally dropped my ID card on the floor. I discovered loss only upon the boarding. Mised my flight.
    I've found my ID 10 min later at the securities.
    Did they tried to announce lost ID? Of course not.
    Cost of euro 600 for a new ticket, euro 120 for a hotel and lost one day of my life in Paris.
    Not landing on that crap airport never again.