Paraco Gas / horrible service

1 Brewster, NY, United States Review updated:

This company is horrible. We ran out of gas in the middle of the winter and it took them four days to come out. Not only that but since our tanks were empty we needed to be home when they came to fill the tanks and we were promised a phone call. They did not call when they delivered and we came home to a freezing house. We called them and asked them to come out, again, and they didn't come until 10pm. Not only that but they charged us $65 dollars for an "emergency fee." We finally switched companies three weeks later and found out that Paraco was actually charging a dollar more than any other company around. The new company came out right away and switched the tanks and called Paraco to come pick up their tanks. Many phone calls were made and many conversations with different people and different managers (seemed like they had new employees every time we called) Two months later the tanks are still sitting in my front law. Finally fed up I contacted the Attorney General and Paraco finally moved their ### and got their tanks. When they picked up the tanks they said the tanks were only at 15% each. ###! we only had the tanks hooked up for three weeks and they were full. How can you use three weeks of propane and only have 15% left? They are ripping people off. They should be put out of business. The better business bureau should investigate this company and shut them down.

Pa
May 28, 2013

Comments

• Ca
      18th of Apr, 2018

Watching a house for the neighbor who's in the hospital. After a few days without power the generator ran out of propane. We got power back so it wasn't an issue. I had her son call for propane, they came the next day or so which was 4/17/18. I saw the driver making the delivery and walked over to get the receipt 97.4 gals@ $6.34 a gal that's more than twice the going rate. I advised her son to contact Putnam County Consumer Affairs, the NYS Attorney General as well as the BBB.