Panasonic India/Plasma TV / A faulty TV set

India Review updated:

The Managing Director
Panasonic India Dated: 27/01/2012

I behold a last ray of hope which is why I decide to narrate my grievance here and anticipate that the higher authorities of the so called multinational giant (Panasonic India) would ponder asymptotically and do the needful.
1. I purchased a Panasonic Plasma TV (Model 42V20) from Paarth Electrotech Dwarka Delhi on 09/03/2011. For the past few days I have been beholding an extremely hazy and blurred picture, with faulty primary colour mixing.
2. As a matter of fact, this TV set had exhibited a series of such problems earlier too (Please refer to the complaints through mails of 14/05/2011, 15/05/2011, 16/05/2011, 17/05/2011 and 18/05/2011 and a complaint No. 014055). The faults prevailed even after the visit of Mr. Ashvini Kapoor of Panasonic India, however on his assurance of complete care of the TV, I continued with this set.
3. When the picture quality and the colours combination got deteriorated to zero tolerance level, I registered a complaint with the company (mail dated 18/01/2012 Ref. No. PI-CS-[protected], and a complaint No 0410070). Consequently, a technician Mr. Shailendra from I-Care workshop visited my premises on 19/01/2012 to examine the TV set. He agreed that the colour amalgamation was faulty, but transferred the blame on airtel, however I had already called the airtel technician on a paid visit to check the connection/signal quality/signal strength and every thing was found to be perfect. I requested him to get my comments on the job sheet but he replied in the negative.
4. Meanwhile my three mails to the company and several calls to the customer care were ignored, and after a tiresome perusal I got a call from Mr. Negi of Panasonic India but by then I had gone for short holidays. I requested Mr. Negi to visit on 27/01/2012 to examine the TV set.
5. I was shocked to receive an SMS from the service centre (i care) on 23/01/2012 that the work against the complaint number 0410070 has been completed to my satisfaction. This implies as if the service engineer had either accomplished the task by a magic stick or would have broken the lock of my premises to complete the job. This exhibits an utter mess and unprofessional attitude of the service centre authorized by Panasonic.
The visit of Mr. Negi on 27/01/2012 was a terrible experience for us. During his nearly 30 minutes stay at my premises in front of the TV set, he tried his level best to befool me and my wife and attempted to prove that the colour mixing was correct though his first impression was that the TV screen was reddish, which in fact is and can be verified.
Dr. Hemant Kumar
Professor of Physics
University of Delhi

Comments

• Pa
      Feb 01, 2012

Dear Dr. Hemant,

We regret the inconvenience caused to you and would like to help resolve this issue on priority basis.
    We have made a note of your complaint and your contact details. Our service team will contact you soon and fix an appointment to resolve your issue, at the earliest.

For any further assistance please feel free to write in.

Regards,
    Panasonic India

• Sh
      Dec 28, 2013

Dear Panasonic Team

I am really fade up while to have post sales services. I have raised my complain on 14th Dec'13 (Comp no. 075697) against my Plasma LCD TV but things are routed through one channel to other only without any resolution. Call centre people suggest me that to contact service centre and service centre people are blaming that parts are not available contact Customer care. The story is now passed to more than 15 days now without any resolution. Shall request you to please look over the raised concern and resolve the issue ASAP. Other wise I will go for consumer court.