Panasonic India/Plasma TV / A faulty TV set
The Managing Director
Panasonic India Dated: 27/01/2012
I behold a last ray of hope which is why I decide to narrate my grievance here and anticipate that the higher authorities of the so called multinational giant (Panasonic India) would ponder asymptotically and do the needful.
1. I purchased a Panasonic Plasma TV (Model 42V20) from Paarth Electrotech Dwarka Delhi on 09/03/2011. For the past few days I have been beholding an extremely hazy and blurred picture, with faulty primary colour mixing.
2. As a matter of fact, this TV set had exhibited a series of such problems earlier too (Please refer to the complaints through mails of 14/05/2011, 15/05/2011, 16/05/2011, 17/05/2011 and 18/05/2011 and a complaint No. 014055). The faults prevailed even after the visit of Mr. Ashvini Kapoor of Panasonic India, however on his assurance of complete care of the TV, I continued with this set.
3. When the picture quality and the colours combination got deteriorated to zero tolerance level, I registered a complaint with the company (mail dated 18/01/2012 Ref. No. PI-CS-[protected], and a complaint No 0410070). Consequently, a technician Mr. Shailendra from I-Care workshop visited my premises on 19/01/2012 to examine the TV set. He agreed that the colour amalgamation was faulty, but transferred the blame on airtel, however I had already called the airtel technician on a paid visit to check the connection/signal quality/signal strength and every thing was found to be perfect. I requested him to get my comments on the job sheet but he replied in the negative.
4. Meanwhile my three mails to the company and several calls to the customer care were ignored, and after a tiresome perusal I got a call from Mr. Negi of Panasonic India but by then I had gone for short holidays. I requested Mr. Negi to visit on 27/01/2012 to examine the TV set.
5. I was shocked to receive an SMS from the service centre (i care) on 23/01/2012 that the work against the complaint number 0410070 has been completed to my satisfaction. This implies as if the service engineer had either accomplished the task by a magic stick or would have broken the lock of my premises to complete the job. This exhibits an utter mess and unprofessional attitude of the service centre authorized by Panasonic.
The visit of Mr. Negi on 27/01/2012 was a terrible experience for us. During his nearly 30 minutes stay at my premises in front of the TV set, he tried his level best to befool me and my wife and attempted to prove that the colour mixing was correct though his first impression was that the TV screen was reddish, which in fact is and can be verified.
Dr. Hemant Kumar
Professor of Physics
University of Delhi
More Panasonic India/Plasma TV Complaints & Reviews
- Panasonic SC-VK92D Mini Compo Audio Hi Fi System - NOT WORKING with in 2 months! 
- 1.6 cubic ft Panasonic microwave with inverter model #NN-SN778S - Microwave NN-SN778S is defective
- Panasonic Viera LCD TV TH-L32C3 BUNDLE - Item paid but later declared out of stock and then refused to issue an immediate full refund 
- Panasonic microwave NN-CD997S - Stops working/noise sound
- Panasonic genius sensor 1200 watt Microwave - Fire Hazzard 
- Panasonic Microwave Ovens - Quality of Product - Custome Service
- Panasonic Microwave - Defective microwave 
- Foto Connection / Panasonic Lumix DMC 10.1MP Camera - Awful Company 
- Panasonic - Poor service!
- Panasonic / Cordless Drill Batteries - Terrible quality product!