Overnight Prints / Turnaround Time & Product Quality

CA, United States Review updated:
DON'T USE THIS COMPANY, ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE A RESELLING GRAPHIC DESIGNER WITH CLIENTS WHO ARE PAYING YOU FOR A QUALITY PRODUCT DELIVERED IN A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME!

I ordered 500 Christmas cards for my client on November 25, 2008, knowing that Overnight Prints (OP) would not be printing or shipping on Thanksgiving Day or the day after. I gave my client a shipping date of Wednesday, December 3, 2008. On the following Sunday, November 30, 2008, I called OP to upgrade the print job to Express Printing with overnight delivery. I paid almost as much for that upgrade than I did for the card order. Since then, I have spoken to OP every single day inquiring about my order, even going so far as to upgrade yet again to Saturday delivery. Today, Saturday, December 6, 2008, I was told that they had not yet been shipped and the earliest I would have them would be Tuesday, December 9, 2008, but that she still would not give any guarantees.

On my last order (another Christmas card order), they did the scoring off-center and I had to cut every single card so that the inside of the card wasn't hanging down behind below the bottom of the front of the card.

Furthermore, I have been using OP almost exclusively for my client's business cards, postcard mailers, rack cards, brochures, etc. and at times, have reordered the same exact product with the same exact design file and received a print job with completely different shades of the original color.

You absolutely cannot depend on the quality, consistency or delivery of jobs done through Overnight Prints. If you do, understand that you are taking a huge risk.

Comments

Ka
  30th of Sep, 2010
DITTO! I am at an end with Overnight Prints!

Time and time again they've messed up the color on my jobs, and I am very careful to use only print spectrum colors. My clients get frustrated and so do I. I sent in a very simple job recently and discovered they now stretch out the shipping time unless you pay extra. It took three week to get the job turned around using the basic shipping. Oh, and then it came back way too light, looked faded, nothing like the upload. I told the complaints people but I don't have time to mess with them. I'm done. I'm steering my clients away from Overnight. There are plenty of good online printers.
Ov
  9th of Nov, 2010
Dear Katbaldwin,

I would like to apologize for the unsatisfactory product you have received. We strive to provide you with the best product possible, and when you feel that it fails to meet your expectations, it's important for us to know.

From my understanding of the situation you experienced a error in the printing resulting in the color being lighter/faded then what you ordered. Due to our printing process; colors being off sometimes do occur from time to time. We print all of our orders "Gang Run", which simply means we print multiple jobs on one run or one press sheet. Without reviewing your file specifications it is hard to say what exactly went wrong.

Overnight Prints has taken steps to simplify our shipping process and to make delivery times more visible to customers sooner on our website (each product page). Instead of selecting a printing type you actually chose the date you need your order but. We have also implemented a new Emergency shipping method. You can now buy your order today and get it tomorrow as long as your payment is received by 5pm PST.

I have attached a copy of what our new process looks like for your review. If you have any questions about the process please feel free to email me at officeofthepresident@overnightprints.com. Again, we apologize for any frustration this has caused you.

Kandace

Overnight Prints

Mi
  4th of Mar, 2012
I placed an order with Overnight Prints for business cards and I paid for regular standard shipping because I didn't need them right away. It's been 8 days since my order was placed and so I called to check on it. I was told that it has not been printed yet. I was shocked. They explained that since I picked the standard shipping and that the arrival date was so far away, they were going to let the order sit there for 9 business days and then ship it so that it gets to me by the date promised. I explained that I agreed to regular shipping, but that I didn't agree to slow production of my product and that I expected my product to be produced right away. Then once shipped, it would take as long as it takes based on the shipping; not based on the fact that the order was just sitting there for two weeks (9 business day). It looks like "Overnight Prints" is not so overnight. I cancelled my order and will not give business to them again. That is very bad customer service.

Overnight Prints Logo Overnight Prints