[Resolved] outsurance / no response regarding third party claim

I am not a client of outsurance and must say that I'm quite surprised at all the compliments about you on this site as I'm not getting quite the same service as noted therein. I was involved in an accident with my scooter with a client of yours on the 14th of Jan 2010. Fortionately I didn't get too hurt, but the scooter and my gear was ruined. I decided to submit a third party claim directly with Outsurance so as not to affect my no-claim history on my insurance. I followed the procedure the call centre gave me and submitted the claim on 15 Feb 2010. Simon was assigned to my claim #[protected]. He's been excellent throughout the process, providing feedback and returning my calls promptly. The last feedback I've had though was that the assessor's report of the 26th of Feb suggested the scooter be written off and that the file is now with Lancelot to finalize. I've been calling for the past week to find out what the status is, and it's still with Lancelot. I fail to understand why he's had my file since the 26th of Feb and that he's not processed it yet. I'd really appreciate some urgency on this matter as even though I'm not a client of yours, I still deserve to be respected.

• Resolution statement

• You are certainly not being unreasonable. Our service delivery failed you, which is not on! Thanks for supplying the detail of the claim. I referred the matter to Jaco Meyer, the respective manager in our Legal Department. Jaco will be in touch with you shortly.
    We are really sorry about the delay and lack of feedback. Regards, Dinky. Tel: 012 - 673 3328.

Me