Oreilly Auto Parts / rude service

United States Review updated:

I shopped at O'Reilly Auto Parts store for an electrical part. I specifically asked about returns and was told that it was 30 days as long as it was not installed.

About 4 days later I decided to return the part and was surprised that the lady at the counter said I need to see a manager for the return.

About 3-4 days later I showed up at the store at about 5pm and was again told that the part could not be returned until I spoke to a manager.

I finally showed up at the store when the manager was around and he told that that I cannot return the part since they do not accept returns on the part once it is sold. I mentioned about the first visit and he said that does not mean a thing. He ACCEPTED that the part did not look used but he would not let me return it.

He would not give me a copy of the returns policy and asked me to leave the store and do what I may the part could not be returned. He also did give me a number to their corporate office on my insistance.

I called the number and to my surprise was one of the SEX HOT Line. I found the number of customer service and the rep was helpful and called the manager and to my surprise the manager told her that the part showed visible signs of abuse (after telling me it looked unused).

I was however offered a store credit and I took it. A BIG THANKS to the customer service rep from corporate. The manager told me that I could use it at any O'Reilly store in the country and I left. I am not going back to that store again.

Thanks for reading this and I hope you stay away from this chain. Try Auto Zone or NAPA which has a far better customer service reps and very helpful folks.

Ka

Comments

• Sc
      Jan 20, 2010

I am very sorry you had to go through that I am a Store manager in O'Reillys and I would have been more then happy to have takin care of you customers are the most inportant part of are who we are today and with out them we would not have are jobs I do hope that someday you will try us again! dont think that the way one person is how we all work. I give the best customer service I can eveyday that is are culture!!
    Thanks
    Scott

• Pa
      Mar 31, 2010

This is not a normal customer service occurence in many of our stores. I am sorry that you had to go through tthis. The returns policy in on the back of every reciept. We do not accept electrical parts that have been installed but should have been handled better than it was.

• Io
      Oct 19, 2011

I don't think encouraging others to ban Oreilly's due to one incompetent manager is fair... 90% of our employees are willing to help customers to the best of our ability...

Sep 21, 2015

You don't think it's fair for this person to voice their experiences with your company? Really? Sorry, but your companies policies are deplorable. And to the other commentor, pointing out that the returns policy is on the back of the reciept does NOTHING to help us. It's too late by that point, as u=you already have our money...!