Omni Hotel / Poor Customer Service

1 190 Marietta St NWAtlanta, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 404-659-0000

I was staying at the Omni Hotel at the CNN Center in Atlanta, GA. I had been there for a concert. After going to my room, I went to get a bottle of water, but only had a dollar one me (the machine required two dollars). I was standing at the elevator waiting to go downstairs and get change when a security guard walked up to me and told me there was a noise complaint. I assume it is my age that he walked up to me. He asked for my room number and I said, "983, " when in fact my room number was 938. (I had in versed the numbers, but I knew where the room was physically located.) He said 983 was in the other tower and needed to escort me downstairs to verify that I was staying there. I went with him and it was confirmed I was staying there. The entire time I was treated rudely as if I was a teenager running a muck in the hotel when I was simply trying to go downstairs to get change for a $2 bottle of water. The manager was rude and just smirked at me when I was questioning the reason I was escorted. I understand the security guard doing his job, but I know if I was 44 and not 24, this would have been handled differently. I called the Director of Guest Services, LaShaundra, and had the worst customer service experience that I have ever had. She talked over me, wouldn't let me finish a sentence, etc. I'm a fairly laid back person and she got me extremely upset. She lacked soft skills and any form of concern. I've stayed at the Omni many times; I actually have my anniversary there every year. Due to the treatment I received - mainly by LaShaundra - I will no longer stay at the Omni. I'm disgusted at the customer service from this company.

Ja

Comments

• Mr
      9th of Mar, 2009

WOW yea omni hotel has the WORST customer service ive EVER had!!! house keeping stole a very expensive dress out of my room and the "customer service" people basically told me I was a liar and that I never even had a dress at their hotel and I am 22 so I totally agree that its the age thing...

• Ac
      18th of Jul, 2011
    Omni Hotel - Scam
    Omni Hotel
    Canada

I got an e-mail from Ms Rose that they have a job for me and i needed to apply in immigration bereau attawa canada. When I applied on that they asked me to pay an amount of US$ 656. I felt that something is wrong there. Then I start searching on google and I found that a job from omni hotel is totaly a scam. Its a fraud.
    Ms Rose had sent me a employement contract letter and I thought that how Ms Rose can sent me this contract letter without any interview and all.

• Kn