Office Depot / rude store manager
Office Depot has a sale on portable file size boxes at "Buy 2 and Get 1 Free". The sale begain on 1/11/09 and I went into the store at 5:20PM and they were literally out of stock. Talked to the Store Manager and he came back and offerred 2 different type of file boxes and offerred me a third box which was cheaper and less expensive. He said Office Depot doesn't have rainchecks. It was take it or leave it attitude. I questioned him about the fact that when a store offers a sale, it must have sufficient stock on hand or offer raincheck. It's the law protecting the consumer from bait & switch. In addition, I mentioned that unless the ad says limited to quantities at hand, the store must offer a substitute of equivalent value. The store manager immediately jumped me and said 'I should contact their legal and gave me some phone #.' I have never experienced such rude behavior (except Brookstone in Pleasanton Stoneridge Mall). I should have been offerred a more attractive deal or a raincheck!
Maybe the store manager should review his corporate values which includes "Customer Focus:
We fuel our customers' dreams by anticipating and listening to their needs and passionately delivering on our promises. Failure is not an option, as we promise to "wow" on recovery."
More Office Depot Complaints & Reviews
- Office Depot - this is regarding our return policy (i'm an od employee) 
- Office Depot - scam tech services 
- Office Depot/ Protection Plan - failure to honor the plan on a timely basis 
- Office Depot Recycle Scam - ink cartridge recycle scam 
- Office Max - Max Assurance Service Contract - worst service ever: no assurance at officemax's max assurance 
- Office Depot - charged for 512gb ssd (2x) sent 256gb ssds twice - mistake or fraud?
- Office Depot - services/products
- Office Depot - customer service
- Office Depot - hp laptop acquired at your store less than a year ago in tucson off irvington
- Office Depot - charged for desk, order canceled without knowledge and not delivered