Office Depot / the worst experience with retail ever!

I have never encountered so much frustration, so many dead ends and lack of help, and so many lies as when dealing with Office Depot.

I purchased a laptop that I needed to return within the 14 day return policy. They refused and the store manager then lied to me about store policy on refunds. So I went to another Office Depot store and they even said that manager lied to me! When I returned another product that also had the stores Protection Program, they did not refund me what I paid in taxes. So when trying to take this complaint to their corporate office, I was on hold for an hour and a half and nobody ever came back to me. It doesn't end there, but nobody would want to read the book of problems that I've had over the past week. Ive never been treated so poorly. I've been hung up on, accused of not being an informed consumer, lied to, scammed- and as of yet nobody in corporate cares. Do yourself a favor and don't buy your expensive purchases from Office Depot- it's not worth the hassle if you ever need help.

Va

Comments

27th of Oct, 2007

I always get great service from office depot never get hassled I'm not sure where you went buddy!

• Th
      7th of Feb, 2009

I agree office depot are extremely poor in service and not adverse to passing the buck which eventually they hope will end with you.
    They are frustrating in the extreme.Keep hassling is my advice, it took me 2 weeks to get through the lies and bs but i got what i ordered in the end...in fact they are so disorganised i got it for 50 bucks cheaper than it should have been even with the discount, they are a nightmare.