OAN Services Inc. / unauthorized billing

1 Slidell, LA, United States Review updated:

This is a scam, pure and simple. If a class-action lawsuit hasn't been filed, it should be. Apparently this company tells different lies to different complaint callers. I just discovered that AT&T, which apparently will post any charge in the universe without documentation, had been adding $9.20 a month for past several months to my home phone bill. For an alleged service I never asked for nor received. I called the number for OAN [protected] and got a poor child named Nicole. She told me OAN was an offsite computer data storage service. I have no idea whether that is true. Nicole probably doesn't either. Anyway, she's canceling the service. Upon advice of Kendra at AT&T, I'm also deducting $27.60 (3 months of alleged svc) from my current phone bill. The message here is to be very wary, closely scrutinize your phone bill to make sure you don't get scammed ... because AT&T doesn't appear to be too concerned.

Pa

Comments

• Bj
      25th of Sep, 2010

Obviously, neither does Verizon scrutinize charges from outside sources without documentation. I just received my Verizon bill for the month of September with a $14.95 charge from OAN for "Emergency Message Systems." This service was never used or authorized. On speaking with a Veriozn representative, he told me he could not do anything about the charge and that I needed to call OAN. Not only will I be calling OAN on Monday, since this is Saturday and their call center is conveniently closed, but I will also be filing a complaint with Martha Coakley, the Attorney General for the state of Massachusetts.