NYCHA - Section 8 / non-answering of phones

1 Fordham PlazaBronx, NY, United States Review updated:
4.5
Phone: 7183297701

They do not pick up the phone. They say that the best time to call is between the hours on 9:30 a - 1 p (Mon - fri) except wednesday. They are freaking lazy people...

Comments

Ro
  17th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
hi my name is Rosa and i send you my complaint because im apply for seccion 8 in Brooklyn and nothing happen's yet and i see a lot of people that apply after me and they all ready have the apartments, i don't understand why they dont help me.1 iam not imigrant and i know that i dont have good credit, and iam a spanish person .but i don't live in good condition I have my 10 years old daughter, and we don't have a bathroom, I explain everything to them but they don't care, all they said you have to wait, but I can't, please help me call me at 347-596-1160.I realy need help and I feel that this is descrimination to me ..
  15th of Sep, 2017
@Rosa Rodriguez i having the same problem with my housing manager. she used to be assist. manager, she got fired and rehired as a manager. my problem is location of the garbage. they told us to put it cross the street.
Na
  3rd of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I am a Queens Section 8 participant, Im in the process of transferring into a new apartment. I found my new apartment on August 19, 2008, submitted my documents on 9/16/08. The case worker explained that it will be 3 business weeks before I will receive an inspection appointment. On Oct 2nd, Section 8 inspectors showed up to my new apartment unannouced. My new landlord was in the process of putting in the windown guards and other sec 8 requirements. So the apartment failed inspection. I called and called, my landlord did the same and we keep getting the wrong information in regards to who is handling the case. At the same time, the case worker who is handling the case is RUDE, she yells and does not listen to anything that you have to say, then hangs up on you ! This same case worker has contact me on 10/22/08 and informs me that the apartment failed inspection twice because the landlord didnt pick up the phone. Today is Nov 3rd, my landlord or myself has not heard anything substantial. This has been a 3 month process and im am going to lose this apartment if nothing happens quick. And my voucher expires Jan 09. And my current landlord needs for me to be out so he can rent out the place !! WHAT DO I DO!!!
Ki
  12th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I sign up 10 year ago for section 8 in haven"t heard nothing from know one... I have a child that a take care by myself we live house to house with people my daugther have a learning disibilty in i have no help i just wish somebody can help us . Is there other programs i can sign up for if so can you please send me some infro .
  2nd of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
THESE SCTION 8 HOUSING WORKERS DO NOTHING FOR US AND TO HELP US. THEY ARE CALLED ASSISTANTS BUT DO NOTHING TO HELP US. I HAVE A TRANSFER VOUCHER AND THE ### THAT I DEAL WITH DOES NOT WANT TO SEE ME IN A 2 BEDROOM. I HAVE A1 BEDROOM VOUCHER AND I ALWAYS LOOK FOR 2 BECAUSE MY BEDROOM IS SMALL AND MY DAUGHTER KEEPS GETTING BIGGER AND I HAVE A LOT OF THINGS IN MY APT. THIS HOUSING ASSISTANT OF MINE DID NOT SEND IN MY INSPECTION FORMS AND I HAD TO SPEAK TO HER SUPERVISOR FOR HER TO DO IT AGAIN. IT IS ALMOST A MONTH AND NO INSPECTION SPECIALIST HAS BEEN SENT OUT. I HAVE MADE SEVERAL COMPLAINTS WITH THE INSPECTOR GENERAL, BUT NO ONE HAS CONTACTED ME YET. I ALREADY LOST A 2 BEDROOM B4 AND NOW IM GONNA LOSE THIS ONE. I DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE I CAN DO. AND UNTOP OF THAT I CANT CHANGE MY HOUSING ASSISTANT. SO IM STUCK WITH THE DUMB ### UNTIL I MOVE. SHE REFUSES TO SEE ME IN A 2 BEDROOM WHAT A HATER!!
  2nd of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW I CAN COMPLAIN AGAINST A HOUSING ASSISTANT THAT IS PURPOSELY TAMPERING WITH MY PAPER WORK AND NOT SENDING IN MY INSPECTION SHEETS? MY HOUSING ASSISTANT TOLD ME SHE LOST PAPERWORK AND IT IS 4 WEEKS ALREADY AND NO INSPECTION HAS BEEN MADE ON MY NEW TRANSFER APT. SHE DID NOT SEND OUT THE INSPECTION SHEETS AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW I CAN REPORT HER OR/AND MAKE A FEW COMPLAINTS AGAINST HER...THANK YOU
Ru
  2nd of Sep, 2009
Hello, I live in Brooklyn housing and I'm writing this compliant due to the fact section 8 does not answer phone calls. I want to know if you work could you receive section 8, and how could I retain this information. I truly appreciate your help: Thank You for listening .
  15th of Sep, 2017
@ Ruth file a lawsuit or take them to court.
  3rd of Sep, 2009
we all have legitimate beefs with this agency, obama says he wants to hold
teachers accountable, he should start with these lazy city workers in these type
of agencies who are so comfortable in there positions that they feel that they dont
have to do the jobs that they are paid to do.clean house most of these people lack the
comunicational skills to deal with the public. people lets wake up and hold these elected
officials accountable.
  15th of Sep, 2017
@diggy1 they do not care for you and anyone else. they care of be voting in and do not anything.
Tr
  26th of Dec, 2009
I am a young single woman who has a 1yr old son. I have transferred from another part of the state to give myself and son a better life. I been having this apt on hold since Sept.Its now about to be new years. Recently the apt was inspected. It was almost a month ago, The Inspector has never made any contact and He just popped up and the window was broke so, it failed inspection. i Have been calling consistently to my worker as well..She keeps on giving me the constant run around that shes handling my paper work and she will get back to me when in fact she has not..I have spoken to the Supervisor on numerous occasions, I have also when out of my way to contact the chairman who is John Rhea.. He is supposed to be for the people-He is supposed to be helping and aiding people on this assistance program. I thought he would at least try to accommodate. I am not asking for anybody to go out of there way, I am just simply asking for people to do there jobs..To my other fellow section8 tenants with complaints-I strongly advise for more letters to supervisors, Chairman Mr.John Rhea and letters to the press and the mayor..Thank You.
Ve
  30th of Dec, 2009
I'm a section 8 recipiant. I have a awful landlord, that provided me with adifferent lease from the one given to sec8. He allowed me to pay more than I was suppose to pay for, he also claim to sec 8 he pays for my utility allowing sec8 to pay him extra, when I pay for my own as well as getting a few disconnection notices when time gets hard, and always have. I've complain to sec8 so many time he's crocked and he repeatly allow the apartment to fail inspection...I complain to Sec 8 providing evidence as well to the Inspectors General and ask sec8 to allow me to get out because I'm being harrass for starting a HP case against him...NO ONE WANTS TO HELP ME...It's funny when a tenant don't comply with the lease, they so quit to terminate the tenant, but the landlords get away with victimizing us and getting away with it because of our status.
Ch
  26th of Sep, 2010
my name is christrine.on april 07 2009 my ex boyfriend cut me 8 x's with a meat cleaver on my face head and back in front of my kids.i needed stitches and a blood transfusion.i could have been killed.i just recenly applied for housing under domestic violece priority and got denied that priority cause the incident was over 12 months ago.thats crazy.even thou he is in jail he knows where i am. i want to get out of my moms home before he gets out of jail so he cant find me.i would have applied sooner but wasnt told of this deadline period or my options.its like dont ask dont tell.if i would have known i would have applied sonner.just because i dont have a recent incident dosnt change the fact that i live in fear.this gotta change.i wish they could see my crime scene photos. then maybe they would understand how dangerous this man realy is.if anyone can help me fight this or guide me please for me and behalf of my kids it would be much appreciated.. email krawiecchristine@gmail.com
Li
  2nd of Sep, 2011
I don't understand the purpose of t his blog or section. People complain and nothing is done about it. Section 8 workers are lazy and arrogant. My mother in law who is 76 years old put in for a portability transfer in April, has had to complete the same documents three (3) times, because the workers refuse to look at her copies of said documents. I moved to Florida and this is where my mom in law intends to come. Her apartment is in such a terrible state with fungus that her health has deteriorated in the 3 years she's been there. We even took a doctors note. The family friend is trying to be patient, but as we all know the economy is such that a vacant apartment right now is foolish. She is on the brink of losing this apartment. A supervisor, Mr.Williams told my sister in law that June would be the last time she would have to travel to that office. Well again in July she had to return, he was not in. I think that this is unacceptable. Section 8 is an assistance to the people who go through hoops to get it. These workers look down on the recipients and treat them with disrespect and disdain. An overhaul investigation should take place and these assistants should know what will and will not be tolerated. While I think I am wasting my time writing this complaint, I would love to see some changes in the the treatment of recipients, because after all if there were no recipients, they would have no jobs.
Ol
  13th of Apr, 2013
pleasse i been waitting for over 2months end 3weeks for inspection to come see my new trasffer apt i found im really depress im a very sick disable person i gave secion 8 my doctor letter end they not helping me with this in spection tehy give me a date for my landlord no one show up ary 3weeks new appoinment from 8 am true 5pm no one comes all im asking pleasse need my aptment to be inspection i have lots of valetion in this aptment here i dont even have a refrigarater no heat no repairs i have a 10yold daughter with me a her are getting very sick depress no one is helping us pleasse help my familly i got the apt-is in good shape i all ready seen it is has heat refrigerater stouve is very good aptment plaesse help us get my familly out off this bad pat i been waitting over febuary now we are in april just for inspection ...my email pleasse vainlopez@yahoo.com
Sj
  31st of May, 2013
To Whom It May Concern, 5/31/2013
I thank you for your time I know you are extremely busy.
I am writing to express my concern and the mis-treatment I have experienced within the Section-8 Voucher Program with the hopes of gaining your assistance.
After waiting for two-plus years to receive a transfer voucher I was granted a 3 bedroom voucher however 3 days after, my husband was removed from the voucher. There had not been any communications as to why this change occurred. I found out about the change after I found a 3 bedroom apartment and paid the $1992.00 security deposit and $1992.00 first month’s required rent (the first month’s rent is non-refundable)
I was shocked to say the least when my application was denied for the household consumption size change.
I resubmitted all the information as requested to have my husband added back to the voucher in the beginning of May-however my case has not been assigned to anyone and the work being done on the case is non-existent. This proves to be detrimental to my family.
Our landlord refused to give us a lease release and section -8 refused to continue with the transfer without one-needless to say I was in a tough spot. In order for my landlord to agree to a release I had to give him a hard date. That date is June 12th which is rapidly approaching.
Now here we are with a 3 bedroom apartment in limbo, $3984.00 paid down, a move-out date of June 12th and nowhere to go with 2 small children ages 6 and 3.
Please help me-I have done all I know how to do. I call the contact center daily and stress the urgency, I have called 311 and filed a complaint and now I am writing you. Please Help. I appreciate you and your time. Thank you.
shawnajones07@gmail.com
Cr
  23rd of Jan, 2014
I have been on section 8 in California for seven years. Every single time I call my worker she never calls me back. The only time I hear from her is when she needs something from me. I've recently called about rat and roaches infested in my apartment. I did not get a call back again. I called environment health and they came to my apartment and looked around and they are giving my landlord two weeks to do something about the problem. I then tried calling my section 8 worker again and still nothing. Im so frustrate and I don't know what I can do. Any suggestions?
Fu
  30th of Apr, 2014
. June 1st i did my recert.My rent went from 148 to 353.00. June 17 2013 I lost my job. By july 1st I had all the documents to give to nycha, termination letter, unemployment letter, affidavit. everything. Ive called 311 numerous f time complaing " elliot lauerstein is the reason. Why am I paying for rent as if Im still working. Like really Im suppose to pay 30 percent of my incme how am i on public assistance and my income is basically 300.00 do the problem, when I called today to to the man, they had told me he retired/ how convenient eh, smh... Ima go hard on nycha swear. this is not right..
To
  24th of Nov, 2014
Hello my name is Tonya Waddell I put in for section 8 7 years ago in brooklyn NY before they put it on a freeze and before I had my daughter they still haven't done nothing for me yet and I think they're handling my case unperfectionally please someone help me my number is 347-763-2976
  7th of May, 2015
Hello my name is Kristina Mayfield and i want to make a complaint against section 8 myself.Section 8 is very lazy and do not want to accept when they are wrong they want to keep blaming the client and it's not on there end my situation with section 8 not doing there part got me evicted out my apartment.I went to go make a change with one of my children on my section 8 so i got everything they asked me for now i also went to my management office to make changes there as well .To make a long story short i founds out that section8 did not make any of the changes i asked them to do not only did i find out days of getting post evictions to leave my apartment so i go to the office and i asked them what's going on i want to no y my rent went up and nobody sent any letters out letting me know anything what made it even more upsetting is that they told me the reason why my rent went up is cause im the only one on my budget and asked them how is that and i gave them the information so it c an be done after that the guy stated to me being that it was an error on there end that i will be able to ask them for a reimburstment form so they could pay back the back rent all i know is that section 8 need to get it together cause people are loosing there apartments cause of them not doing there job .I don't know what to do now i been in my apartment fore 9yrs i don't want to loose my place. so what am i to do know
Ge
  11th of Apr, 2016
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
We are landlords and we have such a problem with NYCHA section 8 inspectors finds things wrong with our apartments. It's a never ending process no matter how much we try and the amount of man power hours to deal with them. Any suggestions?

NYC Housing Authority [NYCHA] Logo NYC Housing Authority [NYCHA]