NYCHA / people have no choice

1 NY, United States Review updated:

Hi. My name is eugene! My address is 2926 w25th str, brooklyn, ny. My parents just moved in and decided to subscribe for tv service. They were surprised to know that there is only cable vision! Cable vision provides only 4 russian channels, and they are not that good and cable vision charge them like crazy! 76 dollars for 4 russian channels and basic american package! At the same time satellite companies, such us direct tv provide more then 15 channels for 49.99 a month! I personally think that this is unfair that they have no choice! Constitution says, that people should have a right to watch what they want, not what other people tell them to watch! I called in the management and they say that the reason of this is that hardware fall down the building and could cause the damage, and even kill somebody! To be honest that was the stupidest answer I have ever heard! How could the hardware fall down the building! Its impossible! Only if I will go up, which is also impossible and throw it down!

Ze

Comments

• Ze
      21st of Feb, 2010

NYCHA should allow satellite dishes!

• Gr
      26th of Feb, 2010

I live in a private apartment building, and we are not allowed to install satellite dishes either. Many buildings have that policy. You do have the right to watch whatever you want. You also have the right to choose where you want to live. If you want to live somewhere where you can get satellite, you can choose to live there. No one is forcing anyone to live in a NYCHA housing development.

• Ze
      2nd of Mar, 2010

but what if i want satellite dish in NYCHA housing development? An i pretty sure other people too!

• Un
      7th of Feb, 2012

I agree as well i also live in NYCHA in Brooklyn and we are only able to get cable vision but cannot install a dish how can we get satellite dish on NYCHA premises without getting evicted??

• Sh