Northstar Location services / Harassment

I'm unemployed and my husband is on SSI, so why they keep trying to reach me ( Cellphone ) is beyond my comprehension. I owe on Student loans: Here's a newsflash: I can't qualify for job training until I've paid my student loans ( Unemployment office-WIA Worker told me this) What a catch 22. Please explain how I'm supposed to find work with minimal skills?? There's a huge disconnect there someplace. Darn shame. I would have been a great History teacher.

Comments

19th of May, 2009

Pay your bills, deadbeat. Why did you take out a loan if you couldn't get your stuff straight and paying it back.

Now...
    These guys are calling me non-stop also, sometimes 4+ times per day. They're calling our home phone, which is a new number. We've asked them to stop, but the calls continue. At this point, I'm just ready to pay someone elses debit if the calls will stop.

5th of Sep, 2009

Get a house phone with a built in answering system.You don't need anything from the phone company, no caller ID, not a thing other than a no-frills phone service. Set the rings to minimum (2) and ring level to minimum. Let every call go to phone mail. Once you know who is calling you can pick it up. Otherwise, let them leave a message or hang up.
    You will have the satisfaction of knowing every call they make costs them a couple dimes or more. The way I figure it, the collection people who are trying to find my daughter have spent several hundred dollars so far. The more they call, the happier I am. Legally, I could tell them not to call, but that would ruin my enjoyment.
    My daughter hasn't lived here for 20 years and has left the country so I wouldn't tell them where to contact her if I knew the address.

• Lr
      11th of Nov, 2009

They have started calling us for a complete stranger's debts. We told them there was no such person at our residence or at our number but they don't believe us. Then they ask if we know this person, it's none of their business who we know. Creeps.

26th of May, 2010

Despite telling them several times the person they're calling for does not live here they continue to call.

the phone number they call from 888-820-0968 is a Cell number that when searched shows as registered in China.

• On
      17th of Sep, 2010

Just recently, I received a call from NORTH STAR while at my place of employment. The caller was not calling for me (for I had never heard of this company before), but rather asked for a co-worker of mine. As I explained that "unfortunately Mr. _____ left for the day, can I take a message?", the gentleman on the other end of the phone flipped out on me, stating that he's been trying to get in touch with Mr. ______ for a while now and each time he calls he isn't in. As I explained to the man that our schedules change each week the man then began to yell at me, I yelled back, we started cursing at each other and when I insisted on speaking to a manager the man hung up on me! I searched through the notes here in my office and found the man's number and extension number on a note that had been previously taken by my manager. I called the number, asked for a manager, spoke to a Mr. Cloud, explained the situation, and unforutunately wasn't able to give "Jim" a piece of my mind; however, the manager I spoke to was very apologetic.

As far as I'm concerned, getting in touch with Mr.______ is JIM's problem, NOT mine.

• Oh
      26th of Nov, 2012

Yes, these callers are harassing...
    "Debt collecting" should be illegal; the only people truly involved are the debtor and the party/company that they entered the agreement with. (NOT a third party maggot/vulcher) Besides, once the debt collector starts calling, they signify that credit damage is already done and irreversible and that the debt is already written off by the company - so what does paying off a debt to a debt collector really afford anyone? (Especially for those in the worst financial condition in our society and those that are already in need)

• Th
      12th of Dec, 2012

Debt collectors push you around if they sniff you don't know their game or more aptly your legal rights. So before you engage them to make any arrangement Google these and become an informed consumer, it will save you potential trouble in the future.
    1-what to do when you are contacted by a collections agency.
    2-your rights under federal laws FDCPA and FCRA
    3-Validation of debt (VOD), cease and desist (C&D), CMRRR
    4-Your state's Statute of Limitations (SOL) on debt.
    5-post your questions at debtorboards dot com if things get thick
    6-Settlement Offer Letter - very important don't pay anything without it.
    -If your state's SOL is expired the debt is noncollectable, period! That's why you
    -Never ever accept/agree/acknowledge you owe/own a debt. Per Federal law first demand a VOD. Use CMRRR (you can call but not recommended. Be sure to record the call)
    -VOD must be the original document with your signature on it, not a letterhead stating some amounts owed.
    -NEVER EVER confirm your your personal info. Tell them to mail whatever to the address on file.
    -if you legitimately owe a debt don't pay anything without a settlement offer letter.
    -mail checks with tracking No. or signature required, no electronic access to your bank ac. you will be cleaned out. Keep records for life.

TOO MANY CALLS, CALLS TO FRIENDS, WORK ETC
    -Send a C&D by CMRRR stating when, frequency and how they will contact you.
    -If you talk to a CA ALWAYS write down immediately, who called, where from, said what, why, when, what, i.e. everything. This is acceptable evidence in court.
    -If CA violate your rights each infraction is worth $1000 to you. Thus, use CMRRR and/or record all calls ->evidence is $$$ for you. No lawyer?, sue pro se, see #5 above