Northland Group / Unwanted phone calls

We have been receiving unwanted phone calls from Northland Group since 5/18/2017. Every day, the Northland Group call for a person who is not related nor ever lived at my address. It seems that this person used our name and address as a reference on his loans which are now in default. Since the Northland Group has no regard in any FTC laws, I decided to report them to the FTC. Just go to http://www.ftc.gov/ and file a complaint under Consumer Protection and use the address below.

The FTC did respond to the complaint:

Thank you for contacting the Federal Trade Commission. We entered the information you provided into our shared law enforcement data base. We share this data base with Federal, State and Local law enforcement agencies. Attached is your electronic response, which includes your reference number. Any enclosures can be found at www.ftc.gov under Consumer Protection and Consumer Information section.
Information from consumers like you helps Federal, State and Local authorities investigate possible illegal practices and enforce our laws. Someone from the Federal Trade Commission or another law enforcement agency may contact you if they need additional information to help them in an investigation.

Please visit the FTC's web page, www.ftc.gov, to get free information to help you avoid costly consumer problems.

7831 Glenroy Road
Suite 110
Edina, Mn. 55439
[protected]
www.northlandgroup.com

In my case, I have a collections agency calling my house on a daily basis and I'm not the one they are calling about. I guess I'm supposed to do the leg work for them or they will harass me until they get their money from this guy.

Comments

• Ur
      18th of Sep, 2009

I recently received a letter from this company claiming that I owed JC Penney money. I haven't had this account in many years and said that I owed themn 1730.30. This account was closed at least six years ago.

• Ol
      24th of Sep, 2009
    Northland Group - Harassing/Misleading Phone CAll
    Illinois

Misleading and harassing phone call by person who didnt ask or identify himself, company or what he was calling about. Only after I asked if the call was being recorded, which he said yes, and dint indicate it when he called, did he identify himself. He then identified himself as Brian from the Northland Group, refused to tell me what he was calling about and said if i read my mail I should know what it was.

• En
      10th of Sep, 2010
    Northland Group - scam
    Michigan

Just got a letter trying to collect on a debt that was over 10 years old and had been previously paid. When we called they were trying to get us to make a smaller payment-as payment in full. When we asked for verification on the debt (which is mandated by law within 30 days) we got a run around and were told that they would just pass the debt along to another agency. If they were indeed a reputable agency, they would have provided the verification. When I got loud and told them that the debt would only be settled with proper verification (which was my legal right) he hung up the phone. DONT FALL FOR THIS SCAM!!!

• Wa
      15th of Feb, 2011
    Northland Group - False Attempt to collect debt
    Minneapolis
    Minnesota

Received letter in the mail stating that my husband had a debt of $297.74 that could be settled for $122.10. When I called to speak with them, not only was the person a little rude, but did not seem surprised when I told them my husband had passed away nearly FOURTEEN years ago. He would not provide any information on the reason for the letter or the source of the debt and said he would "remove his name and address from the database with a notation that he'd passed away." What a scam! Can't imagine how many people probably fall for this!!