North Shore Animal / adopting sick pets
We decided to adopt another pet after having to put our last GREAT BEAGLE DOG down. We decided to go to North Shore Animal League after finding out our towns shelter was closed because of an illness in the kennel.
After browsing at NORTH SHORE ANIMAL for awhile we picked out a puppy the fam liked.
It took over 3 hours to adopt this puppy. I have purchased cars in less time than it takes at this place.I figured, its over we got the puppy and where on our way home...NOT SO FAST...We get the dog home and he has "kennal cough", and other illness.We live out in EASTERN SUFFOLK COUNTY We call to tell the vet the problems and the response we get is "THERE IS A FEE TO SEE THE VET PLUS THE COST OF ANY DRUGS THAT ARE NEEDED"!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I just adopted this puppy from you, SICK I MIGHT ADD and you have the balls to want to charge us for this?
Before I say something I regret, I want to warn anyone looking to adopt a pet...
CHECK YOUR TOWNS SHELTER OR ANYWHERE THAT YOU CAN ADOPT BEFORE GOING TO NORTH SHORE ANIMAL..I to thought they were the BEST thing that could happen for these animals, but after this experience, THIS PLACE IS FULL OF SICK ANIMALS AND SHOULD BE INVESTIGATED
Don't make the mistake we made..FIND ANOTHER PLACE THAT CARES ABOUT THE ANIMALS
More North Shore Animal Complaints & Reviews
- North Shore Animal League America - Be very aware of the animals you get from North Shore 
- North Shore Animal League - Bogus Adoption Policy 
- North Shore Animal League - Terrible service! 
- North Shore Animal League - Worst Experience in Animal Shelter 
- North Shore Animal League - Sweepstakes
- North Shore Animal League - Dog Surrender
- North Shore Animal League America - unethical behavior from staff and veterinarians
- North Shore Animal League - Charitable donation
- [Resolved] North Shore Animal League - Cat named Max 
- North Shore Animal League - Sick puppy