nokia uk / NOKIA scam!

1 Brunei Darussalam Review updated:

I am not satisfied and feel so curious abt this NOKIA UK stuff. I received the text on the 16/8/2007 around 11.42am Brunei Time. So i did reply back through email. And i received this verification form to fill in. The next day, i received a call from this UK guy, during the afternoon. And congratulates me for winning the money. So he needs me to reply back the form stuff. But we didn't received the email yet. So he was very mad, and talk rudely to me. Annoying! Beware people!

Comments

20th of Aug, 2007

I've received the same, too. I called back but no one answered the phone. I'm sure it's a scam. Can't believe how they got our numbers? Hope someone from the Nokia would explain to us what's going on and how do these people got our number.

Anonymous Gal from Brunei Darussalam.

20th of Sep, 2007

Honestly, my friend received an SMS too, and he ignored it, then received a call so he believe it too. I told him not to get his hopes high. This scam is annoying, as it even targets children's mobile phones (these kids are naive). Nokia, please explain to us soon!

• Lo
      26th of Sep, 2007

Hi

My sibling also received the very same text sometime last week. It's a scam !

12th of Oct, 2007

Hey I have also received an sms stating that I have won a lot of money and a cell phone. And I received a verification form to complete but I have not yet completed it because I find it hard to believe that this is legal and real.

3rd of Nov, 2007

My dad received the same message saying he won 91,000.00 pound, so he replied and filled the verification form and they asked him to wire 600 pound to pay the mail fee.

So i guess its a scam!

• Je
      15th of Nov, 2007

I also received an sms that I have won 150,000 GBP so the next day I rang the number given in the text and advised me to send some details to the email provided in the text as well.

Nokia team, I just wanted to know how Dr. Anthony Floyd got my mobile number and the other people who also is encountering this SCAM.

Hope to hear from NOKIA UK team.

Jennifer

• Al
      12th of Feb, 2008

THIS IS DEFENITLY A SCAM.

I got the same sms which says " CONGRATULATION! your mobile no. has won (GBP) 300,000.00 pounds in the ongoing NOKIA MOBILE PROMO. For claims, call +447045757563 & email: nokia-uk(at)europe.com"

So i sent 2 emails, one to the above and the other one to Nokia Care line in Middle east & Africa

The cheaters replied next day saying" Good to hear from you regarding the NOKIA MOBILE PROMO. My names are Dr. Anthony Floyd. I am the Nokia Cash officer assigned to winners on the Mobile sweepstake.

In line with the commemorating event marking our 142nd anniversary we rolled out over £16,000.000.00 (Sixteen Million Great British Pounds) for our 142nd Anniversary Draws. All participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from 25,000 company mobile numbers, and 30,000,000 individual mobile numbers from the 45 mobile networks from Australia, New Zealand, North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Africa as part of International Promotions Program, which is conducted annually in Britain, London.

This promo is approved by the British Gaming Board and also licensed by the International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR). This promo is the 1st of its kind and we intend to sensitize the public. To begin the verification process of your prize, you are required to fill and send the claims form below"
    I wish to on behalf of all members and staff of NOKIA congratulate you on your win and wish you the best of luck as you spend your good fortune.

Thank you for being part of our commemorative 142nd Anniversary Draws.
    Yours faithfully,
    Dr. Anthony Floyd
    Tell:+44-704-575-7563
    :+44-704-575-4969
    Fax :+44-700-603-2060

BUT I DIDN'T FILL THE FORM OR SEND THEM ANY INFORMATIONS

On the other side Nokia Care Line - orginal company had replied to me within 48 hours saying " Thank you for emailing Nokia Careline.

Nokia hereby informs that the company has not initiated any telephone campaign to win cash or any other prizes related to the IMEI number of the mobile device owner. Nokia is investigating this issue and is committed to taking the necessary measures against the individuals which have made these fraudulent calls in the name of Nokia. Nokia feels sorry for any inconvenience caused by the phone calls our customers might have received.

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact the Nokia Careline and speak to any of our Customer Service Executives on 8000-4100, between the hours of 9am and 8pm (local time), Saturdays to Thursdays. For online assistance, please visit ‘ASK Nokia’ at our website www.nokia.com.

Register with Nokia Connections and you will receive a bimonthly fun newsletter about the latest products and events. Click below to register.

Kind regards,

Sanaz Tehrani
    Nokia Careline
    Nokia Middle East & Africa

SO GUYS BE AWARE AND DO NOT CONTACT THESE CHEATERS AT ALL

• Al
      1st of Apr, 2008

I reseved the same staf 3 days ago untel now i am searching the truth so help me know whats the truth is?

27th of Apr, 2008

I've also received notification of being winner of 91.000 Sterlin Pounda award. Once contacted e-mail address nokiapromo35@yahoo.ie iI was send a form to be filled in. I did not fill it in since I had read a previous case of a person who was asked for 600 Pounds to be used to send the 91.ooo Pounds of award.

I think this is a fraud. Be careful peple with Dr. Anthony Floyd!!!

• Mo
      21st of Jul, 2008

i have won in this year nokia promo, but i received my prize so i dont understand wat all this people are saying

• Rw
      25th of Jul, 2008

For my self i don't believe they will send me the GBP 182, 000.00 i won today.
    No need to send me all this complicated Application forms.
    Simply send, the Name of the bank and the ref. no. rest will be done by my bank. And if there is any bank fee to pay also for this my bank will take care of.
    So lets see, if I am also so lucky like Mr. Moham / alias ???

• Ra
      24th of Dec, 2008

Assalamalaikum Dear All, in view of above mails i felt also (in favour of all others new future victoms) to post my comments, actually, after reading said mails found the same stories as of mine. In fact i had received the same person's message in October 2008 naming Dr Anthony Floyed (mail : info@uknokia.co.uk, Tele Nos. +44-704-572--9889, +44-702-401-4650) on my mobile " saying winning of a prize of GBP.220, 000 " On questioning this cheater said to send GBP 500 through courier FEDEX in order for him to send Winning Cheque of same prize. For purpose of obtaining money Dr. Anthoney Floyd actual name should be Dictator Anthoney Floyd called me a lot of times can not belive every time different voice. e Thanks Allah Azwajal my Islami Bhaes Mr. Javed Iqbal Attari and Mr. Mohammed Kashif Arain Attari who helped me and saving my time and money.

I don't know why NOKIA UK and UK GOV'T are not taking any action against these kind of cheaters even they are mentioning their mails/faxes/Tele Nos also through which they can easily be investigated. I hereby request both authorities to investigate honestly to save others. I advise others not to take any action and send personal data to this person. Well Wisher for all,
    Rashid Sadiq Qadri Attari - Pakistan( mail rashidsadiqattari@hotmail.com )

• Da
      6th of Jan, 2009

I live in Texas and I was awarded 1.2 million pounds. I do not know where these dumb ***** get my info but I do know that I would never send anybody money up front to receive money. I contacted FedEx and for me to send paper work to them it would cost me about $28.00 USD. If this is real than I don't see any problem contacting my attorny and let them deal with it. If I am receiving that kind of money than I do not have a problem paying out 1-5%.

• Ni
      26th of Mar, 2009

I just received a SMS from the number +2348082865008
    with the following text:

"CONGRATS! Your mobile # has won £100, 000.00GBP in the on going NOKIA UK PROMO, email your name and # to our london office: mobilenokia@live.co.uk, +447031985677"

yea london was spelled with small capital letter and the number from which the message was sent is from Nigeria, and isn't ongoing written together rather than "on going" ??? well, anyway I live in Serbia, I wonder how come they got my phone number, seems like they're spreading... I'm ignoring it, I hope they wont call me because I'm gonna spend their phone impulses to tell them my piece of mind...

9th of Apr, 2009

Hey I have also received an sms stating that I have won 365, 000 pounds in the ongoing NOKIA/UK PROMO. And they send contact no:+447045751693 and mil id:promo.nokia0889@yahoo.com but I have not yet contacted them because I find it hard to believe that this is legal and real.It is cheating.

Saswata
    India

• Gr
      12th of Apr, 2009

Я тоже получил такое сообщение от +2348082859753 и почтой claimnokiaprize@ymail.com, что я выиграл £560, 000.00GBP. Теперь понятно что это надувательство и понять это можна не сразу. Спасибо за форум.
    Гримчак Юрий.
    Украина, Киев. 12.04.2009.

•   8th of Aug, 2009

Получил смс, на англ. языке, что выиграл 560.000 британских фунтов., кстати, тот же номер- +2348082859753.
    Было похоже на правду, когда на эмэйл пришел корректный ответ.
    Единственное, что насторожило-грамматические ошибки(немного, но присутствовали). письмо тоже на англ
    Dear Winner,
    Your are requested to fill the form below, before sending back to us, with any question, we are going to send you a check, via a courier service, which will deliever your parcel at the designate address in your country, you can pick up money with your check at any bank, thanks for your co-operation.

Yours Sincerely
    Mr. Richard Lewis
    цифра, конечно, приятная, но ясно, что развод
    С уважением, Егор Бреднев, г. Киев

22nd of Jan, 2011

I too received such a message on the 16th of January, 2011. This is what it says:
    CONGRATULATIONS! YOUR NUMBER HAS JUST WON 29, 000 POUNDS IN THE ONGOING UK NOKIA PROMO.
    EMAIL US AT: uknokia1@live.co.uk & CALL+447045744545 FOR CLAIMS INFO.
    i sent them an email and they replied with an affiliaition form from a person named "Doctor Michael Ivans "
    i didnt reply for they asked me to send a copy of my indentity card or Passport.
    they had also asked me to enter my mobile no.
    if this thing was real, they would have arranged to do this in a manner where they already know which no. won.
    THIS MAY BE FRAUD, SO PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO SUCH MESSAGES
    someone should complain this to the ministry.