Nokia Online Promotion / winning prize

Fax [protected]
Email : nicholas.Julius@dhlgta.Ecape.Gov.Za
Chane123@webmail.Co.Za

To: complaints board

I nicholas christopher julius, have been advised as follows via email
" your email address is among the (30) thirty lucky winners who won £450, 000.00(Four hundred and fifty thousand great british pounds sterling) each on the nokia connecting people promotion programme.

I have subsequently also receive the following message from mr. Dennis thompson
For management of
Hsbc bank (International remittance department )

"attention: nicholas christopher julius

We thank you for your timely response.

Your winning information has been forwarded to our payment office and they have verified through our international nokia promotion central system(I.N.P.C.S)and have confirmed that you are indeed one of our lucky winners.

We are excepting you to come down here in{ london }to make claim of your winning prize. However, if you are unable to make this trip we advice you to forward your account information to our paying bank immediately for further action.

All your winning documents are forwarded to our paying bank to enable us meet up with our obligation and we have also issued a letter of credit to the the hsbc bank of london to expedite action in crediting your winning sum.

Kindly forward your bank account details by fax/email to the bank immediately you receive this mail and call mr. Steve leo for attention, please addressed to:

The foreign credit manager
Email : payment_dept@hsbcfinancier.com

From:
Mr dennis thompson
For management
Hsbc bank (International remittance department )

It is clear from the above correspondence that hsbc bank of london has been requested to transfer this winning price to my bank in south africa which i have provided.

I was requested by hsbc bank of london to pay up front a transfer fee of r6538,00 zar and paid this into the follwing account on the 05th november 2007,which was provided to me.

Name of account: olmer nkomo
Bank name: nedbank
Account no. [protected]
Branch code: 191905

After i paid the above transfer fees, i was then advised that the hsbc bank now request an affidavit which must be obtain by a registered attorney to affect the transfer of the winning prize into my south african absa bank account and was then introduced by a consultant of hsbc bank mr. Steve leo, to an attorney as follows:
"we do hope your furnish us with an affidavit of claim as soon as possible, to enable us transfer your winning prize tune of four hundred and fifty thousand(Gbp450,000.00) great british pounds sterling to your nominated bank account in south africa.

We wish to inform you that today attorney william presworth of below
Address:

Presworth & associates
Consultants, solicitors & advocates of the supreme court.
49 thornton road, wimbledon sw19 4nq
United kingdom.

I was advised that the cost of the above attorney to obtain such an affidavit is r8250 zar and was given the following account to make the payment:

Name: opara auto spare part
Bank name: first national bank (S.A.)
Account no; [protected]
Branch code: 250805
Branch: johannesburg (S.A)

On the 6th of november 2007, i paid the into the above account of the attorney an amount of r8250 zar to obtain this affidavit as requested by the hsbc bank uk.

After i have paid the above amount, the attorney then obtained the affidavit and forward by email the affidavit to me which i have forwarded to hsbc bank. I subsequently receive on the 8th of november 2007 the following email message from a consultant mr. Dennis thompson from the hsbc bank uk

Attention:

"dear nicolas christopher julius

We are in receipt of your email/call dated 7th november 2007 to this hsbc esteem bank london.

We have today forwarded the affidavit of claim to bank of england for acknowledgement, and effect immediate transfer/release of your winning prize tune of four hundred and fifty thousand (Gbp 450,000.00) great british pounds sterling to your nominated bank account in south africa.

We wish to update your with more information as soon as possible.

Thanks for your anticipated co-operation.

Yours sincerely

Mr. Dennis thompson
For management
Hsbc bank (International remittance department )"

After this message i enquired when the winning prize will be shown in my s.A absa bank account and was then send the following message by the hscb bank:

"attention: nicholas christopher julius

We are in receipt of your email/call dated 8th november 2007 to this esteem hsbc bank london.

This afternoon, we have received a letter from financial intelligence control agency, fica from usa saying that the fund transfer was stooped at the corresponding bank, wachovia bank, new york, usa.

We have been asked to advice you to obtain this two important certificates mentioned in their letter before the release and transfer of this fund into your bank account in south africa.

Kindly find attached letter of fica usa herein for your good understanding.

Thanks for your anticipated co-operation.

We wish to serve you better.

Yours sincerely

Mr. Dennis thompson
For management
Hsbc bank (International remittance department)"

The 2 x certificates now requested from your bank to effect the transfer of the winning prize is as follows (1) anti terrorist certificate
(2) anti drug & money laundering certificate

I was now advised by the hsbc bank london to again appoint an attorney to obtain these certificates which will cost me again gbp 950. The message receives regarding the certificates as follows:

"dear nicholas,

I have spoke with attorney williams presworth few minutes ago concerning the two important certificates demanded by fica usa, before your fund will be release into your nominated bank account in south africa. He stated that the two certificates is gbp475 each amounting to gbp 950.

Furthermore, the attorney have also furnish me with information of his bank account information in london for immediate transfer so as to enable him obtain the two vital document requested by fica usa. I will send to the below account the sum of five hundred and fifty great british pound sterling.

Bank name :- hsbc london
Iban number :- gb57midl[protected]
Account number :- 57026614
Swift code :- midlgb22
Beneficiary ;- williams presworth

Please kindly pay the sum of four hundred(Gbp 400.00= zar 5400) great british pound to attorney williams presworth company account in south africa and fax/ email the payment slip to him immediately.

Please do note that this five hundred and fifty (Gbp550.00) great british pounds sterling will be pay back to me as soon as you received your winning prize in south africa.

Thanks and god bless

Yours truly

Mr. Steve leo"

My enquiry i wish to tender is based on the above correspondence which implicates the wachovia bank of new york directly:

1) i need to know if the bank is aware of such a transaction involving the payment of this nokia winning promotion prize of £450, 000.00(Four hundred and fifty thousand great british pounds sterling) to mr nicholas christopher julius in south africa into the following account
Name: nicholas christopher julius
Bank: absa bank (S.A.)
Account no: [protected]
Branch code: 632005
Branch: grahamstown in south africa

(2) is the certificates as was requested ("affidavit", "anti terrorist certificate" and an "anti drug & money laundering certificate") a legal requirement just to transfer a winning prize

3) i’m also now threathened that if i do not come up with the required certificates then i will forfeit the winning prize due to me.

4) i wish to state that i am the sole bread winner and work very hard for my family of 5 (Five) and it has already costed me r14,788.00 zar and more is requested to obtain such certificates

5) i have already exhausted my bank account and have no furher funds to pay for the 2 x additional certificates as requested.

6) my plea will be to assist me in confirming whether this winning prize is legitimate.

7) the people that corresponded with me regarding this winning prize are as follow to assist you in your investigation:

7.1) the address of nokia

Nokia communications

Name: dr. David wilson
Claims/customer service department
United kingdom nokia office
Email: ( nokiaclaimwinningoffice@o2.Pl )
Tel: +[protected]

Email : transfers_unit@hsbcfinancier.com
Email : payment_dept@hsbcfinancier.com

7.3) mr. Dennis thompson
For management
Hsbc bank (International remittance department )"
Po box 725,
Hemed hemsted
Herforshire
Tel: +[protected] / [protected]
Fax +[protected] / [protected]

7.4) presworth & associates
Consultants, solicitors & advocates of the supreme court.
49 thornton road, wimbledon sw19 4nq

United kingdom.
Email: presworth@consultant.com, attorneypresworth@yahoo.Co.Uk
Tel: +[protected], fax +44 [protected]

Please respond as urgent as possible because i have only until tommorrow the 13th of november 2007 to come up with the 2 x certificates as requested

Yours faithfully

Mr. Nicholas c julius

Comments

Sh
  11th of Dec, 2007
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I am receiving a letter of confirmation about lottery winning from Yahoo Microsoft Award Team.. I am sick of it!

Su
  16th of Mar, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

good day sir i am suresh l form rajlaxmi electricals new t.m.c. complex shop no 29 holenarsipura hassan dist karnataka 573211

sir d.p.rate drop for nokia 1208 handset old d.p.1585 and new d.p.14856
nokia distu.... mataji markting hunsur is no climed for this handset
clime for 28 pcs handset

plese this handset renivel me my clime

thanks

La
  31st of Mar, 2008

I would like to discontinue my people-records.net membership

Tp
  16th of Apr, 2008

Speed post was sent on 08.04.2008
ED439799548IN
Till date not delivered

Ni
  21st of Apr, 2008

passport not reached yet now
file no.GZBZ320112 dated14/01/08

Be
  28th of Apr, 2008

IDPROCS.com took money out of my account - this was unauthorized

As
  25th of May, 2008

GOOGLEMAIL/MICROSOFT AWARD INCORPORATION

Enter your comments in the box below.
Please confirm the status of your award incorporation

GOOGLEMAIL/MICROSOFT AWARD ANCORPORATION
BALEY HOUSE, HAR ROAD
SUTTON, GREATER LONDON
SM1 4TYE
UNITED KINGDOM

This incorporation has sent me a mail on May 15, 2008 that I have won a prize of 850, 000 British Pound through a computer draw of May 2008 award lottery promotion. Is that true that I am a winner?

Following e-mails from different people has been received in this connection step by step for claim of the prize.
"Microsoft Award Team"
"Frontier consultant" "Hsbc Bank"

Thanks and regards
Aslam Pervez
Karachi-PAKISTAN

E-mail address:
aslamprd@yahoo.com

Ia
  29th of May, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

i got almost the same exact email, but it was for the Gmail/Microsoft Award Incorporation for 750, 000 british pounds. but the funniest thing is that i received that from one of the same emails that is stated up there (). i got the same one. I'm guessing it is a scam.

Ia
  29th of May, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Aslam Pervez, I got the same exact one, but for 750, 000 British pounds through the computer draw of May 2008 award lottery promotion. Same address, same everything.

Ni
  13th of Jun, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I am from india.My name is Niranjan. I got an email that i won yahoo lottery.I am 1 among the 5 winners.£500, 000.0.I have followed the email and sent them the details.Have i really won the prize money.Or they are chating me.They have said that my money is transfered to hsbc bank.To transfer to my account i have to pay a cot of £954.0.Is this information true.Have i really won prize.Please help me.They gave information about their bank.I also want to confirm whether their address and phone number are true.
These are their details
From; office of the director,
exchange control and international remittance department.
Hsbc bank London.
76 cannon street, city of London,
London ec4n6ae.
Tel; +44-702-408-4916
+44-702-408-3844
Sent date; Monday 9th June, 2008.
Subject; confirmation.
E-mail: hsbcbank@luckymail.com
hsbcbank@ilike2invest.com
Sign
Dr Eustace Nicol,
for bank management.
Manager international remittance department hsbc bank london .

Please mail back to me that this fake or true

Ke
  18th of Jul, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I have recieved the same email, and I can assure you that it is a scam. Any Lottery prize association that asks you for your personal information i.e. your bank account info, and that asks you to pay fees in order for the transfer to be proccessed is a scam all the way. I'm sorry but there is no way that this can be legitimate because all fees should be covered by the prize givers. Again I'm sorry that you were scammed. I don't know how those wicked people get away with this stuff!

Le
  18th of Jul, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Honestly, I do not pity anyone who gets scammed by such an obvious ploy. You didn't think it through and ended up getting screwed in the end.

Maybe I am getting old at 32, but I think that in this day, if you fall for something like that, you are just as dumb as the criminal who pulled it off.

Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I AM WONDERING IF THIS E-MAIL IS REAL OR FAKE.

GOOGLEMAIL/MICROSOFT AWARD INCORPORATION
BALEY HOUSE, HAR ROAD
SUTTON, GREATER LONDON
SM1 4TE
UNITED KINGDOM.
This is to inform you that you have won a Bonanza prize of money (Ј850, 000) EIGHT HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND GREAT BRITISH POUNDS STERLING for the month of July 2008 Award Lottery promotion which is organized by GMAIL / MICROSOFT AWARD INCORPORATION. Participants for the draws were randomly selected and drawn from a wide range of web hosts which we enjoy their patronage.
The selection was made through a computer draw system attaching personalized email addresses to ticket numbers. If you ignore this, you will regret it later. GOOGLE and MICROSOFT are now the largest Internet companies and in an effort to make sure that Internet Explorer remains the most widely used program, GOOGLE and MICROSOFT are running an e-mail beta test
Your email address as indicated was drawn and attached to Ticket number: GM 79-55-279-18 with
Batch number...GM 09102XN
Ref number...GM35447XN
Winning number...GM09788
Which subsequently won you Ј850, 000.00(Eight Hundred and Fifty Thousand Great British Pounds)) as one of the 5 jackpot winners in this draw. You have therefore been approved for a lump sum pay out of Ј850, 000.00 (Eight Hundred and Fifty Thousand Great British Pounds) in cash, which is the winning payout for Second category winners. This is from the total prize money of (GBP Ј4, 250, 000) shared among the Five Winners in the Second category
CONGRATULATIONS!
To file your claims, please contact our Award Fiduciary Firm: FRONTIERS DELIVERY CONSULTANT. Please contact immediately:
FRONTIERS DELIVERY CONSULTANT SERVICES.
Email:edwardphilip@live.com
Tel: +44-703-1837-699
Fax: +44-870-9741-087
Contact Person: Call Dr. Edward Philip
NOTE: In order to avoid unnecessary delays and complications, please send to your claims agent the following information by email or fax as well as quote your ref: number and batch number in every of your correspondences.
FULL NAME:...
FAX...
ADDRESS:...
NATIONALITY...
COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE...
Once again we say congratulation and thanks for being part of our Promotions program.
Yours sincerely,
Lady Rose Wright
Coordinator Google and Microsoft Online Promotions.
N.B.This is a computer-generated message. Please do not reply to this mail since we will be unable to answer. Contact your Claims Manager by Email, or Phone immediately. Anybody below the age of 18 is automatically disqualified

Be
  18th of Aug, 2008
nokia online promotion - FROUD EMAIL RECEVIED
nokia

stay away from the nokia online promotion scam. I supposedly won money a BMW and nokia phone. Its a good one. Really sucks you in to thinking it was legitemate. We should all be contacting nokia and report it to them.

Fa
  13th of Oct, 2008

masege fom nokia win 154, 000 foun win

Fa
  13th of Oct, 2008

nokia masege me you win 154, 000 fond win

Ra
  6th of Nov, 2008

i bought coumputer in india and i am in usa i want custermer suport ph num for usa.
thanks

Sh
  13th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

My name is shierra, i received the same email informing me that i have won Nokia Promotions award prize that i should submit in my details like bank account, my passport number and a copy of my passport, my full names and watsoever needed.

But becuase am a lawyer and have heard such cases, did not take it seriously, just ignored and consider it as a scam. But whoever you are, you will not get away with it. Please my friends be warned, those are wicked scammers. Be aware!!!

Th
  31st of Jan, 2009

dear sir,
i received the following mail which i copy and paste.please inform me is that true?

Dear Winner,

In line with the commemorating event marking our 142th anniversary we
rolled out over £16, 000.000.00 (Sixteen Million Great Britain Pounds)
forour 142th Anniversary Draws.two Hundred Thousand Pounds is to be won
byeach lucky Winner. As you well know that Nokia is currently the
world'slargest manufacturer of mobile phones, with a global device market
shareof approximately 40% in 2008. Other major mobile phone manufacturers
(inorder of market share) include Samsung (14%), Motorola (14%), Sony
Ericsson (9%) and LG (7%).[4] These manufacturers account for over 80%
ofall mobile phones sold and produce phones for sale in most countries.
All Lucky winners or participants were selected through a computer ballot
system drawn form 25, 000 company mobile numbers, and 30, 000, 000 individual
mobile numbers from the 45 mobile networks attched to email addresses
fromAustralia, New Zealand, North America, South America, Europe, Asia and
Africa as part of International Promotions Program, which is conducted
annually in London.

This promo is approved by the British Gaming Board and also licensed by
the International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR). This promo is
the 1st of its kind and we intend to sensitize Lucky winners to begin the
verification process of your prize, you are required to fill and submit
the below verification worksheet back to our office or via email
attachement.

Email Address:nokiamobile_promo@rocketmail.com
Phone Number:+447011153129

NOTE THE FOLLOWING RULES AND REGULATION
1.Any falsification of your details will render you disqualified
becauseyou will be assumed to be impersonating.

2.As soon as you are verified as one of Our Lucky winner, you will be
required to come to our office, here in the United Kingdom to redeem your
winning Cheque.

3.Winners unable to come to our office to receive their prizes will be
required to inform my office, so that an alternative emergency
arrangementcan be made.

Friend and relatives cannot redeem your won prize on your behalf because
the certified cheque is covered by an IRREVOCABLE GUARANTEE BOND (IGB).

To avoid double claim, impersonation and disqualification, all winning
information should be kept strictly confidential.

I wish to on behalf of all members and staff of NOKIA congratulate you on
your win and wish you the best of luck as you Enjoy your good fortune.

Thank you for being part of our commemorative 142th Anniversary Draws

Post Address: P.O. Box 226,
FI-00045
Finland.

Dear Winner,

On behalf of the management and staff of Nokia Corporation-the organizers of the 2009 Nokia Online Regional Promotion, I wish to inform you that your email address has won you a cash price of US$300, 000 (Three Hundred Thousand United States Dollars. Attached to your cash price is a BMW 3 Series Saloon Car, an N95 Series 3G Nokia mobile phone, and your winning certificate.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Your email address produced the lucky numbers 21-34-10-12-5 which made you one of our winners in our ongoing promotion.

40 internet/email users emerged as winners.This promotion is the first of its kind and is in line with the commemorating event marking our 142nd anniversary. A large database of Email addresses are taken from websites, online directories, and search engines all over the world and are entered for the promotional draws. This is geared towards promoting the Nokia brand and also to encourage individuals of all class to use the internet network.

To process your claims, a claims officer has been assigned to you. She will take you through the process of redeeming your prizes. Please find below her contact information:

NAME OF CLAIM OFFICER: MS. LINDA PETERSON
EMAIL ADDRESS:lindapeterson2009@rocketmail.com

To enable a speedy processing of your claims, you are expected to provide the following information by email to your claims agent:

1.Full Name:
2.Contact Address:
3.Phone Number:
4.Sex:
5.Occupation:
6.Age:
7.Country of Residence:

Note: You are advised to contact ONLY your claims agent in all matters regarding your win. Do not respond to this email as it is only an automated notification to alert you of your winnings.

Should there by any change of your email address, please notify your claims agent immediately.

Once again, congratulations from us.

Sincerely,

Mr. Jerry Strickland.
Online Promotion Director.
Nokia Corporation.

i got this mail from and told me to contact on above given id and to give me reward the person named as Mr.david is alredy in india asking for Rs 25, 000 to pay in some account is the email is genine please let me know.