Nokia Mobile Reward / sms / iternet scam

Papua New Guinea Review updated:
4.2
I received an sms out of the blue saying that I had won 110, 000 pounds and that I had to email and then call +[protected]. What made me suspicious was that there were a lot of grammatical errors on the verification form and in order to get the price I had to pay for postage. When I tried to call the numbers given, the voice on the other side sounded surprised and hung up on me.
Tr

Comments

We
  15th of Oct, 2008
I recieved a sms from the Nokia Mobile Reward claiming I had won 172 000 GBP. The sms came from jmcg60uk@emirates.net.ae. Claims contact number
+2347030494443

I had to email ngnokia@live.com

Any response from Nokia would be appreciated.
Ka
Seems like a scam.

» Verify the account with Emirates internet.
» Surely Nokia have their own domain/mail server, and will not use any public email.
» Verify the tel # and it's authenticity/ account in the corresponding country.
» If it's a genuine scam ... teach them a lesson! hehehehh...
» If it's not... Congratulation! hehehh...
Hu

Nokia Mobile Reward - nokia mobile reward
nokia
United Arab Emirates
jmcg60ukemirates.net.ae

i got sms on my mobile dat i hv won17200000GBP on ongoing mobile reward.i dont know how to proceede 4 claim .plz guide me
Kh
hallo
An
  17th of Oct, 2008
I am recieved sms u won 147, 000 give me informasion it is real or no?
Om
  17th of Oct, 2008
Hi i am omvir singh from Dubai (UAE). I have received a message from jmcg60uk@emirates.net.ae.According to mail i won a 147, 000.00 GBP on the going Nokia mobile rewards for claims for Email: nokiamobile147@alive.com.

So please check of the mail athenticity.And inform me also about these type froud company and site.

With regards
omvir singh
Ay
  17th of Oct, 2008
is that true ??????????????????????????????????
Di
  21st of Oct, 2008
hi im dindo tampus of Drydocks World-Dubai. I have recieved a message from jmcg60uk@emirates.net.ea. According to mail i won 172, 000.00 GBP on the going nokia mobile reward for claims for Email: ngnokia@live.com

So please check of the mail athenticity. And inform me also about these type froud company and site.

With regards
dindo tampus

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!
Mo
  25th of Oct, 2008
Hai i have received Sms i won 172000.00 GBP on going nokia mobile reward for claims from ngnokia@live.com

with Regards
nizamuddinshariff
Ra
  12th of Nov, 2008
Dear Nokia,

I have recieved an SMS saying that I have won 147, 000 GBP on the on going reward for claim and ask me to mail the details to nokiamobile147@live.com. Is it an authentic information Please check and mail me the feedback.

Rajendiran
Pr
  13th of Nov, 2008
hello
i received one sms from ngnokia@live.com
congratulation your mobile no. has won 172, 000. GBP on
the ongoing NOKIA MOBILE REWARD. IS IT TRU OR NOT SEND MAIL.

THANKYOU
Di
  25th of Jan, 2009
name dibeesh p.s
email pdibeesh@yahoo.com
varification form came to my email
delivery fees after delevery is made (cut the prize)
verification no nokia/77/vcn/147
Pi
  11th of Sep, 2009
I also recieved this sms and email just today. I think its a scam, but just to make sure, I emailed the REAL nokia just to check. @ http://www.nokia.co.uk/get-support-and-software/contact-us/ask-nokia
Ak
  3rd of Nov, 2009
I'm akram form KSA

I also recived the same SMS form nokia reward that I won 500, 000 ! pounds
De
  24th of Jan, 2010
Please read the following that I found on Fraudwatchers.org. Note that, in this case, the perpetrators may have been from the country of Nigeria. However, it appears that virtually anyone can use these phone number and email tricks to scam unknowing victims. Please be careful!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by Frazzle on Oct 28, 2008:

Yeah, it's a scam.

Nigerians are discovering free Net-based SMS services and using them for their scamming activities.

Note the phone number: +447045744545 -- The +4470 numbers are 'personal' or 'follow-me' numbers, which redirect to some other number, anywhere in the world. They are free, with the callers paying all the costs. Scammers love them, because they appear to be in the UK number rather Nigeria.

Similarly the @uk2.net email address... this is free and anonymous, and anyone, anywhere in the world, can get one.

Any time you get a message involving lots of money from someone you don't know, it's a safe bet that it's a scam. If it also involves a +4470 phone number and a free anonymous email address, it's guaranteed.

Nokia Logo Nokia