Nokia / prize

South Africa Review updated:
these Morning i received an SMS saying that i have won R95, 000 for nokia yearly promotion and it has the ticket number to claim the prize and they told me to buy airtime voucher of R1080.00 to register to get the prize and they took my account number to deposit the money as soon as i gave them the voucher numbers, i told them to deduct the money from the prizre that i have won but they refused because they need me to buy the voucher first. is this true or a scam, i called this number [protected] and the person who answered the phone said he is the Nokia manager and when i tell him that i have got no money he said to me the management need the voucher first before they release the money.

N  13th of Mar, 2009 by
I received the same message as yoiurs this morning at about 5am and I think this cannot be trusted. I tried to phone the numbers they told me to call with no answer.
N  9th of May, 2009 by
hi Iam ahmed .Irecieved massage of winning515.000gbp my no.is020121280360 Egpyt .plz contact me to give the prize. my E mail is doco_love2000@yahoo.com
N  18th of Jun, 2009 by
I just got that same message so thankyou for posting this message, the NOKIA YEARLY PROMOTION I am sure is a wonderful nigerian scam. They can't even spell or use grammar correctly. I got the sms from 079 139 4264 yet I am supposed to call 073 351 5753. These nigerians must be removed from South Africa and banned!!! They are ruthless, selfish, devious, and filling our country with crime. They make this country unsafe and are dangerous. They dont deserve to live here. The government must act on this now! My cell phone was also stolen by nigerians when they deposited a fraudulent check into my account and it bounced. Just remember to everyone who reads this - never believe you have won something if you didnt enter! The chances of that happening are not even slim, it doesn't happen.
A  24th of Aug, 2009 by
I got an SMS just afer 12 this morning and this is how it goes, "Congratulations! your mobile number no. won, R 95, 000. In NOKIA YEARLY PROMO. With Ticket no. P286. For Claims Call:0739179615 OR Email to nokia.claimscenter@live.com" it was received from +27714603845

i called the number when i got to work and i guess the guy was still sleeping cause it took me to the voicemail lite service. when i called again later a guy picks up saying he's from the nokia center upon cross questioning of the validity of the center he cut the call. i do not use any nokia products and i have not purchased any ticket where there was a promotion. RICA needs to kick in now so we can have these people arrested and thrown into prison or go back home.
N  25th of Sep, 2009 by
hi iam suresh recieved message of winning 200000gbp in the uk nokia mobile promo 2009 plz contact on my phone 09906094676 oremail ghai_stats @indiatimes.com
A  7th of Oct, 2009 by
Got the SMS this morning.

With further investigation of the e-mail address on the internet I come across the following:

Domain blacklist update (DBL-Update) 2009-08-20 DBL-Update is a Yahoo groups mailing list on which we post changes to our domain blacklist and 419 scam sender address blacklist.

If you need more info have a look at http://www.joewein.de/sw/419-bl-n.htm the e-mail address is also listed there. Surly the police and cell companies in this country should investigate these scams?

Thank you again for the original posting. “when it sounds too good to be true it often is”

N  7th of Oct, 2009 by
This morning i woke up to an sms recieved at 4am in the morning stateting that my lucky number was among the winners of the Nokia Yearly promotion and that i have won a Cash Prise of R 95000.00 It also said i must contact a guy with the name Paul Benson in order to claim my cash prise. I knew it was to good to be true but i dailed the number which is 0720473773 to see how they do this scam. You can clearly hear it is a Nigerian with bad english grammer.

He asked me for my Ticket no and wanted to know how i want the money. I said ill collect the Cash check at the Nokia in which he said im not allowed i must drive to Cape Town to Collect it. Mmmmm okay so i asked him for a land line number or a website that i can go to to find out more but he could not provide me both. He said i must mail him on nokia512@live.co.za then he will email me back with all the details. Still not strange enough...finally he said i must buy 3 x R 180.00 in airtime in order to collect my R 95000.00

In the background you can hear its very unprofessional and they dont seem to know what they are doing- The point im making is that Nokia as well as MTN should seriously look into this and take action quickly. I know when a mobile number is dailed and ansered you can trace its exact location. Please make a plan because this gives MTN and Nokia a really bad name.
N  23rd of Oct, 2009 by
Got exactly the same sms from +27729247908. I, apparently, also won R95, 000 and needed to phone 0738500509. These guys are not even answering anymore. Guess they got sick of being outsmarted by all their callers
N  24th of Oct, 2009 by
I received exactly the same sms. Something did not felt ok and I'm just glad I had checked this website out before losing R 1680.00. That's what they told me to pay before I could receive the price - delivery costs. Thanks to all of you! I'm just wondering how many people are falling for this scam? I'm also feels that something have to be done soon because there are people who might seen this as an answer to prayers and at the end loose blood money.
N  30th of Oct, 2009 by
hi, i got the same message from my mobile as the above persons quoted...i want know know whether it is true or it is a joke..if yes, it is true, then show me the way how to collect the prize...

Thank you very much for your kind attention.
yours faithfully, somnath jadhav
A  6th of Nov, 2009 by
And here I thought all my problems would be solved. Received an sms this morning from cell no: 076 718 8417 congratulating me on winning R75 000 in the Nokia Yearly Promo. I have to call cell no: 078 273 8024 to collect prize. Phoned and was re-directed to the voicemail lite service.
Please Nokia complaints department send out a warning to consumers about this con or give me my money
N  6th of Nov, 2009 by
I also got the sms stating that I won the R95 000. What is the meaning of this, and where dit they get my detail because they had my name and ID nr.
N  10th of Nov, 2009 by
I also recieved a mssg last nyt stating that ive won certain stake of money, the message goes like this . Congratulation!! Your no . Was among the lucky winners on the nokia yearly promotion . You won, R95, 000. Ticket no . 0166P.call Mr Felix Baloyi on 0783969990 . For Your cash prize immediately from 08 am to 06 pm . so i 4ned this chap today, yeah nigerian accent with a very poor bacground, i gave him my bank details bt fortunately i nvr have tym to deposit the money he insisted i.e R 360 .. i was too busy today @ wuk even now im stil waiting for his cal he just called me now asking wether ive deposited the money, so i think i was aswell cautious sumthing felt strange so i ended up coming to this site, my concern is just wont they destroy my account ?
N  11th of Nov, 2009 by
I also received an sms at 04:51 this morning stating that my mobile number won R95 000.00 in the Nokia Yearly Promo with ticket number P286 and that I needed to call 0783658796 or that I need to email to nokia.claimdept@live.com. Fortunatly I checked out the website first before even bothering to phone or email them.

This is scary.
N  11th of Nov, 2009 by
also received sms this morning to say I'd won R95, 000 and to phone 0835912085. Where can we report this to in the hope they can catch them.
A  11th of Nov, 2009 by
me 2 i got the sms last nite at 1am. but i knew it was 2 gud 2 be true, so i researched it before i even called and this is wat im finding out 4rm u guys. so ya its a ### scam. ###
N  11th of Nov, 2009 by
i also got the message this morning, but on monday i got a email stating that i won milions of rands in the uk lottery, so i phoned the idiot, its the same voice as the scam from the lottery. is there no way we can trace the ### and arrest him?????? If anyone knows where to complain to take legal or illegal action please post it here!!!
A  11th of Nov, 2009 by
got the same sms this morning at6am he must think we all iddiots.he should be arrested!
Same here:
SMS from +27791394264 @ 06h59 on 12 Nov 2009. Ticket 0155P "won" R200000 - phone 0787489040 to claim.
Thank goodness I 'googled' Nokia Yearly Promotion - that's how I ended up here. Thanks to those behind this website.
N  12th of Nov, 2009 by
I also got the message this morning - won R95 000.00 in Nokia Yearly Promotion from +27729247908 & to phone 0733844596 & a ticket nr was mentioned. The 1st thing you suspect is SCAM!!! Idiots, don't they think we will go & look it up on internet!!!

Nokia Logo Nokia