Nike Shocks / be warned nike shocks are a faulty product!

1 Australia Review updated:

In December 2006 we purchased a pair of Nike Shocks for AUD$120 from Footlocker in Eastgardens, NSW Australia. Already one of the shocks has separated from the sole of the shoe. Upon examination it is obvious the shocks are just glued on, which shows shoddy, cheap manufacturing - not the quality you would expect for $120 shoes.

We will not be buying Nike in future - be warned Nike Shocks are a faulty product.

Comments

• Ad
      30th of Mar, 2007

I agree with your post as i bought a nike airzoom 3 months ago and the stitches on the inside soul has already given away with routine use. I paid 140 USD for it and it looks like the nike quality is really dwindling over the years. I am greatly disappointed with the nike quality.

3rd of Apr, 2007

I own like 6 pairs of nike shock and i have never had any problem with these shoes, i still have all the pairs and they are very good and comfortable to my feet. I no for a fact that shock can go through anything. i ran track, played basketball etc, i buy a new pair of shocks every couple months, i like the style and the way the feel an look on my feet.

Thanks,
    Charlie

3rd of Apr, 2007

Although i agree with you in that these shoes should not be coming apart after 3 months, i find your comment about the use of glue very confusing and slightly ignorant. How does using glue as an adhesive contact between two materials show " shoddy, cheap manufacturing"??

I personally have worked with shoes for many years and in terms of running shoes i would have to say that atleast 95% of them use glue for an adhesive between the outersole and the mid-sole. Nike Shox are a technical running shoe and because of this they use different materials for different parts, obviously they cannot be made in one mould. How do you expect these components to be put together?

Have you considered taking them back to the shop or contacting Nike yourself? Sometimes things dont work the way they are supposed to, but to label and criticize two leading athletic companies for using glue as an adhesive is outrageous. Consider your purchase a bargain, Nike Shox retail for $200++.

Matt.

• Sq
      4th of Aug, 2007

My sons had his for 12 months, he is like any other 11 yr old (Rough On Shoes) His are as Good As New. What were you using yours for? Brake linings for a ten ton Bedford truck?

Of course the soles are glued, what did you expect??? Mig welded Side seams with re-enforced gussets?

• Mi
      1st of Nov, 2007

Just bought a pair of Nike Shoxs and the sole of the trainer is the shoddiest Ive ever seen from a big manufacture like Nike, taking them back after work, also not impressed as I had to wait 9 days for delivery for a faulty product!

• St
      30th of Jan, 2008

i have nike shoes and they are terrible, broke quickly, all i do is walk in them, i dont run, what could ware them out so quickly? these shoes were made in sweatshops i kno, but u can tell what this is doing to this business

• Na
      24th of Apr, 2008

I bought a pair of Nike Shocks for my 7 year old son.After 1 month of wear the sole started to come slightly unglued. Right after that he stepped in a mud puddle. I washed the shoes and the other shoe came unglued at the toe. Because I washed them Nike says that they will not refund me! They don't warn anywhere that you can't wash their children's shoes!

• Jh
      4th of Dec, 2008

Why would you think anything different? Those shocks are being made by 9 year old children in china at sweatshops in horrible conditions- that get like twenty minutes to put them together and get paid way under min. wage. You should have done some research before that purchase.

• Me
      6th of Mar, 2009
    Nike Shocks - shoes fell apart
    nike
    Newcastle
    New South Wales
    Australia
    Phone: 0432668809

I brought a pair of nike shocks and put them on for the first time, had them on for no longer then half an hour and the back part, the shock part of the shoe crumbled into bits, on both shoes...NOT HAPPY...

• To
      15th of Mar, 2009

I bought a pair of shox and my feet hurt like hell when I run with them! This doesn't happen with any other running shoe I've bought! I have 3 months with them and their already unseaming! I DEMAND A REFUND!!!

18th of Mar, 2009

I bought a pair of nike shox and i payed $200 for them and its the wores pair of shoes i ever bought. I only had them for two weeks and the shox is already broke, i was woundering what you were gonna do for me, my e mail is, josh_barnes@live.ca

• La
      3rd of Sep, 2009

hey i wana tell ya peopal! i bought one pair of nike max 95 n the stiching of d shoe is coming off!! n i bought it frm footlooker in kilburn!! i spend 80 pounds for that shoe! n its even rubbish quality n they even dnt want to change!!or repair!! my suggestion for peopalS!! dnt buy to much expensive shoe becoz its nt worth if its gonna break in 2 months!! its jus a ### quality!! nike brand going down n down !! in future m sure i vil nt buy any of nike product!!

• Be
      22nd of Oct, 2009

what do u all expect from Footlocker. their shoes are made in 3rd world countries. the less money footlocker spends on quality the more money they make especially with the slow sales.

• Da
      5th of Aug, 2010

every time i walk the mitereal rips

• Na
      13th of Sep, 2010

I agree they are crap! Unfortunately, they are very comfortable on my foot. They are going in the trash as the black cushions have peeled off randomly (there went the comfort!) and the cushions that are left nearly trip me when they get hung up on grass, sidewalks, whatever. They've lost their mind and think we'll pay anything for their name. In the meantime, I had purchased a pair of airs for my 14 year old son. The whole bottom piece came off and was flapping every time he took a step. Won't buy another pair! Work hard for my money as a single mom and $250 was 'invested'. Not to mention that my 14 year old son wears a size 15 and I had to look all over hell for his shoes.

Nike, your shoes suck!

16th of May, 2011

i bought some nike gloves for my son they were £25 - he got them wet - and the dye leaked onto his hands and could not get it off. His hands have still got some dye on his hands - after a week.

have tried to ring nike - basically they are not interested.