Nicor Gas / Setting up fraudulent accounts

Today, I just found about that Nicor let somebody set up an account in my grandmother's name at another residence. Now we've lived in this house for over 14 yrs why would we have set up at a place we don't even own. Its so easy for people to set up accounts with Nicor that it doesn't make any sense. They were also stupid enough to send the bill to the house we actually live in. Here's where they got caught up at we hadn't paid our bill, yet. I do believe whoever set up this account is somebody my grandmother knows because my aunt lived down the street from where this residence is located. I wonder what Nicor is going to say about this account being set up, you know they always have some crazy response. It would be sad if we find out that someone my aunt knows set up this account because that would mean my aunt was the one who gave them the information.

Word of advice watch those around you because they will be quick to pull some type of scam on you when you least expect it.

N  19th of Oct, 2012 by
Hi I would like to let everyone know that Nicor Gas has over the past 2 years taken our account and put it in someone else's name 2 times. We have lived in our home for 5 years with the account in my husbands name. We had a high balance and the next month the bill came in someone else's name. I called and said how can you do this we have been here for 5 years. She said someone called and started new service at our home???? Which I am positive that did not happen. I asked her to switch this back to our name she said I'm sorry I can't. So being strapped and in foreclosure. I did not pay. When the balance got up to $2000 then I received a bill with a zero balance in a mans name now. We called again just to get the same problem. I now have no gas. I also don't want these people responsible for our gas. They will not give us service even though me and my husband have no current balance with them. Also when I called she said it must be a false name like I did something wrong and I DID NOT. I am also worried for our family with no gas as well as the peoples names they put it in. I am scared to get in trouble for fraud when I Did not do this.

Nicor Gas Logo Nicor Gas