Newegg.com / fraud, bait and switch, false advertising
On 3-30-12 NE advertised "combo deal w/Docking Station Keyboard, limited offer" refurbished TF101-B1 Asus Eee Pad Transformer $369; I clicked it and put it in my cart; I received tablet on 4-3-12; the docking station keyboard was missing. I talked to Gabriel in CS on 4-2-11 who lied and said keyboard was "not included" and I would have to order it separately at $119. this was a blatant "bait & switch" trick and false, fraudulent advertising. I bought the tablet because it included a docking station to be used on the desktop; when I clicked back on it online at newegg.com I discovered Newegg had REMOVED the green lettering "combo deal with docking station keyboard limited offer" I would not have bought a REFURBISHED, except that it included the docking station keyboard
after researching on the web I (complaint boards, ripoff, etc.) I discovered that many other consumers had reported similar complaints with newegg about fraud, false advertising, and specifically where Newegg changes the wording on the item after you have purchased it and then blatantly lies -- denying the words were there when you ordered it.
I have been a loyal customer who purchased THOUSANDS of dollars worth of goods over 4-5 years. I am disgusted that Newegg would do such a dishonest thing as deleting words in the description to defraud consumers. Newegg must have been sold to another group or had a major change of management personnel who are dishonest. I will never buy another product from Newegg and will telll everyone about outright fraud. The customer support is useless; they merely argue and argue and insist the item was not included and the words are not there (yeah! because they deleted the words) newegg has gone downhill from a good co. to a total scam...
Resolution Sought: make Newegg perform its duty under the contract; i.e. mail me the docking station keyboard exactly as advertised...
I am going to challenge the amount charged to my credit card.
Date Problem Started: 4/2/2012
Date of Transaction: 3/30/2012
Amount in Dispute: $396.81
Invoice Number: [protected]
Complaint Type: Advertising Issues
Product or Service: computers, computer accessories, etc.
More Newegg.com Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Newegg.com - if you get cheated in newegg marketplace, newegg won't help 
- [Resolved] NewEgg - online scam 
- [Resolved] Newegg.com - refuses return, says item I sent them is not the one they sent me (but it is!) 
- [Resolved] Newegg.com - very dissatisfied with the customer service at newegg.com! 
- [Resolved] NewEgg - extremely frustrated w/ newegg's return policy 
- Newegg.com. Cn - awful customer service 
- [Resolved] Newegg.com - avoid newegg if you're the type of person who wants their coverage plans to be well worth the extra money 
- NewEgg - selling defective products
- Newegg.com - big scam site, don't give them you're credit card information
- [Resolved] NewEgg - delivery, a horror story