Newegg.com / fraud, bait and switch, false advertising

CA, United States Review updated:

On 3-30-12 NE advertised "combo deal w/Docking Station Keyboard, limited offer" refurbished TF101-B1 Asus Eee Pad Transformer $369; I clicked it and put it in my cart; I received tablet on 4-3-12; the docking station keyboard was missing. I talked to Gabriel in CS on 4-2-11 who lied and said keyboard was "not included" and I would have to order it separately at $119. this was a blatant "bait & switch" trick and false, fraudulent advertising. I bought the tablet because it included a docking station to be used on the desktop; when I clicked back on it online at newegg.com I discovered Newegg had REMOVED the green lettering "combo deal with docking station keyboard limited offer" I would not have bought a REFURBISHED, except that it included the docking station keyboard

after researching on the web I (complaint boards, ripoff, etc.) I discovered that many other consumers had reported similar complaints with newegg about fraud, false advertising, and specifically where Newegg changes the wording on the item after you have purchased it and then blatantly lies -- denying the words were there when you ordered it.

I have been a loyal customer who purchased THOUSANDS of dollars worth of goods over 4-5 years. I am disgusted that Newegg would do such a dishonest thing as deleting words in the description to defraud consumers. Newegg must have been sold to another group or had a major change of management personnel who are dishonest. I will never buy another product from Newegg and will telll everyone about outright fraud. The customer support is useless; they merely argue and argue and insist the item was not included and the words are not there (yeah! because they deleted the words) newegg has gone downhill from a good co. to a total scam...

Resolution Sought: make Newegg perform its duty under the contract; i.e. mail me the docking station keyboard exactly as advertised...
I am going to challenge the amount charged to my credit card.
Date Problem Started: 4/2/2012
Date of Transaction: 3/30/2012
Amount in Dispute: $396.81
Invoice Number: [protected]
Complaint Type: Advertising Issues
Product or Service: computers, computer accessories, etc.

Comments

• Hi
      28th of Aug, 2017

BAIT AND SWITCH STILL ALIVE AT NEWEGG

I purchased a refurbished Sharp AQUOS HD Series LC-32LE451U 32-inch LED TV - 1366 x 768 - 16:9 - 4000000:1 - 60 Hz - HDMI, USB - Black
    Write Review
    1 x Refurbished: Sharp AQUOS HD Series LC-32LE451U 32-inch LED TV - 1366 x 768 - 16:9 - 4000000:1 - 60 Hz - HDMI,

What i receive is a P.O.S. VIZIO from which it had a Walmart Sticker on it and you would never even know it was from NEWEGG except that I had ordered it online from their and I know my technology, as a 10 year plus customer I find this truly disheartening.. They were hoping that some [censor] bought it and would not know the difference.

I think anyone who has been a victim we need to organize and let the world know what is going on with our technology!!!

• Ne
      30th of Aug, 2017

@HilfigerSailingGear I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience with the refurbished units, I would love to look into this further for you. Please send us an email at [protected]@newegg.com and we can get started. I look forward to your response!
    -Ellia

• Dr
      20th of Jul, 2018

My Son ordered a Powercolor RX580 8GB Card. Newegg advertised it as a "gaming card" when in fact it was a re-purposed crypto-currency card. All they would do is to offer a store credit which will be offered AFTER they get the card back of course. He got this today, and it was obvious that the Customer Service Rep knew exactly what he was talking about.The Card is now listed at a higher price, but if you try to view it you got an "item removed" page. Update: Went back again, and now it is advertised as a "Cryptocurrency" Card.
    We've been buying from Newegg for years, not anymore.