[Resolved] Newegg Motherboard / refusing my rma / refund

I recently bought some computer parts from Newegg. One of which was an asus motherboard, I have experience with installing and building computers and when I tried to get this motherboard to work, nothing would make it happy. After about 20 hours of troublshooting time invested into the mobo, I requested an RMA For it and sent it back to Newegg. I Just received an email stating that the board was damaged, and They were refusing refund. Now they are mailing the board back to me and I am extremely irritated. Do not buy from this company.

• Resolution statement

• Newegg International Customer Care's Response, May 17, 2013

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience that you encountered with your order.

We would be glad to look further into this issue for you. Please send us an email to wecare@newegg.com and we will do everything we can to resolve this issue to your satisfaction.

Thank you again for your time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Newegg.com

Ma
May 14, 2013

Comments

24th of Feb, 2014

Agree with the poor service from Newegg. It is mind boggling how a company will not stand by a product they sell and rather have a disgruntled customer tell the whole world about their bad experience. That is why companies like Walmart are amazing. Good word travels slowly but bad experiences travel like wildfire. I myself received a defective motherboard which had a few of the
    pins not aligned correctly. Newegg gives out an RMA takes a month to
    send back the mother board, Refuses to rectify the situation and states
    that their technicians found "evidence of thermal paste (not, liars)
    and that it was damaged do to improper installation(not, more lies).
    Good thing they are not in charge of a persons life when facing jail term.Thet state that I need to go through the manufacturer instead of them. Being that most production companies have quality control where some laser does quality check and since the laser is not perfect, they have humans also checking after the laser. We all know that humans are far from being perfect so in turn not only do defects get overlooked by the laser but also by the human. So it is a he said she said scenario and the retailer (newegg) always has the last word. Just like the issues that they had In March 2010, where Newegg sold 300 counterfeit Intel Core i7-920 CPUs. Which was complained about on the website HardOCP,
    Due to Newegg denying them to be fake since they (Newegg) is always
    right and the consumer is wrong. Seems like the great customer srevice that Newegg use to have has been going downhill since 2009.