Netspend/turbo Tax/univesity Bank / tax refund

Jacksonville, FL, United States Review updated:

My Wife and I filed our joint 2012 income tax on march 11 2013 with turbo tax.We got confirmation from the IRS that they sent our returns to our bank account,
We don't have a bank account, but we requested out tax refund be sent on Visa card, which turned out to be netspend after numerous phone calls and run around from Turbo tax, after we asked them why on earth is our refund in netspend bank when we requeseted it on visa card because we don't have a bank, and this was the option we choosed.
Bottom line Netspend is a fraud, a ripoof and should not be allowed to operate.
I am amazed that the IRS has allowed a parasite like" Netspend "to be operating under their noses, ripping off and scamming Americans I doubt we are going to get our Refund, which is a little under a thousand dollars, and I am lost as to who I could, contact about their sleazy underhanded and more than likely illegal practices.But Turbo Tax and all their affiliates should all be put out of business, and their heads frog marched off to prison, and they should be put out of business because Turbo tax who got paid out of my taxes the same time I filed, and I have not and might not even get any my refund, when I ask them whats up with this, I was told that that effectively, once Turbo tax has filed and completed your returns, you are on your own.
They are a whole cabal of corporate vipers

Tb
Mar 27, 2013

Comments

•   Apr 01, 2013

We are very sorry to hear that you feel this way about us.

Please send your information to [protected]@netspend.com and we will he happy to address any concerns.

NetSpend

• Be
      Apr 30, 2013

Same thing has happened to me. I received $2, 000 dollars on my card and had over $1, 000 left on it. In the beginning of April I received an email stating that my account has been closed and to call this number 866 543 9160, I called that evening and was told that my funds were being issued to a check on the account by the middle of April, it is now April 29th, I just called the original number and they have told me that was not the department that deals with it and they transferred me to a line that was not working. This is ridiculous.

•   Apr 30, 2013

Please send your information to [protected]@netspend.com and we will look into this for you.

NetSpend

• De
      May 02, 2013

According to Netspend customer service my refund was sent back to the IRS due to lack of proof of adress. If this is so then why does the IRS say it is not there and an advocate for the IRS states that you return unused portions of tax rebate funds rejected all in one large sum check and no proof of who's money it belongs to such as statement of amount and names of all returns sent in that one large check. How is the IRS suppose to know who's money has been returned to them and what amount is for each person tax returns are? This is a poor example of banking! This also causes hardship on families who are waiting for thier returns to be resent out by the IRS. Also the IRS has no clue who we are that had thier returns sent back to them nor the amount of money that is owed. What are we to do? What should you do to fix this problem to help tax payers recieve what is owed to them?

• Go
      May 02, 2013

TBX, why would you used a net-spend per-paid card. It look like you have bad credit and can not get a regular bank account so the IRS can send your check to the bank.

• Ne
      May 07, 2013

Same thing happend to me over 7K missing that netspend says was sent back to the IRS but the irs cant find it 2 months later!!!