NET10 / misinformation on prices

1 ID, United States Review updated:

All sources exclaim that, for a prepaid Net10 phone:
Calls, incoming/outgoing are $0.10 per minute.
International calls to certain areas are $0.15
Texts, incoming/outgoing are $0.05 per message

Actual prices, as far as I've found (I have not made international calls)
Calls, incoming and outgoing are both $1.00 per minute.
Texts, incoming and outgoing are both $0.50 per message.

This means that all of those 'credible' sources are lying, and I'm getting charged %1000 more than what I was told I would be getting charged.
Unless their idea of dollars on the phone are different than those we are accustomed to, in which case it should STILL be written out somewhere.

Don't lie about the service you provide.

Dl

Comments

1st of May, 2009

they arent lying u ### 1 dollar would mean 100 minutes [censored] 1.00 MINUTES not DOLLARS .50 MINUTES a text not 50 cents dont make these commentes when u dont even no wat ur talking about

300 MINUTES (300.00) means 30 dollars which equals 10c a minute HAVE BRAINS

• Ro
      27th of Jun, 2009

i totally agree with you on the minute thing.300 minutes means 300 minutes.not 30 dollars.since when was a dollar a minute.they should say units if thats what it is.the ads say .10 per minute not unit...deceptive...

• Wi
      13th of Aug, 2009

Here is the breakdown in plain English.

For 300 Minutes worth of service, it costs $30. This means that each minute = 10 cents. It also means that each text message (sent or received) costs 5 cents. Watch your airtime balance display after receiving a text message, it says .50 minutes deducted. This means that half of a minute, or 5 cents according to the math above, is deducted from your balance. All it takes is a little common sense to figure out the math.

I'll admit, when someone mentioned this possible discrepency, I was outraged myself, but when I realized what actually was happening, its pretty simple. Think about it.

• Ro
      16th of Aug, 2009

to all of you net 10 workers,
    obviously that what you all are.since when was a minute a denominaton in money.why would i or any body for that matter pay $1.00 a minute when i can get virgin mobile for .20 a minute to talk and .15 to text.thats 5 minutes per $1.00 for those of you who can't do the math.matthew55904 your math is way off.10 cents a minute would get you 10 minutes per $1.00 not 100 minutes.who's the real ###.i have a new service.virgin mobile.where a minute is a minute and a dollar is a dollar.the bottom line is...net10 claims to charge .10 a minute.they then turn that said minute into a unit and that said unit than becomes a dollar.spin, spin, spin.the real ###s are those who fall for it.at virgin site i get to see how much is deducted in money amounts for each minute i use.3 minutes totals a 60 cent deduction from my account.net10 would deduct 0ne dollar for every minute i am on the phone and 50 cents for every text.seeings how i get more for my money .i'm not the ### matthew.you are!!!

16th of Aug, 2009

60c for 3 MINUTES?! THATS 20c a minute Tracfone is 33c a UNIT and being a proud and happy user of NET10 for over a year now 3minutes on NET10 is 30c OR -3.00 MINUTES NET10 is all we have when we got them lat year in july we kept the landline until september once we liked them and new it was good service we canceled the landline we pay the same price for THREE NET10's as we did for the lanline itself SO we save about 600 bucks a YEAR Virgin mobile is not any cheaper its better off just having a contract plan same hidden fees my friend had virgin mobile and she ended up paying 120 on her plan tat was only 50 and there was no need for it nothing that added up to is stayed in her minutes unlimited text she DROPPED Virgin and went to US Cellular because she got more minutes for the same 50 bucks

• Ju
      10th of Jan, 2010

From what I can see Net 10 is a HUGE rip off!! Come on people..it is not .10cents a minute...its a $1 and its not .05cents a text..it is 50cents a text. WHO pays that???

• Pr
      27th of Mar, 2011

Virgin Mobile doesn't even service this area, so I can't say how they are. net10 on the other hand does, and their service is abysmal and their phones aren't what they profess them to be.
    I've talked to a lot of folks about net10 while sharing my experience and I've yet to speak to anyone who is happy with them.

• Ad
      23rd of Aug, 2011

Net10 will charge $1 a minute for local calls I make all the time. I have called the same number and been charged 10 cents. Then a few minutes later call the same number and they display on the screen a $1 a minute rate for the same call! They have stolen about $50 from me using this scam since they started it a few months ago. I am now going to switch cell companies,

• Ad
      23rd of Aug, 2011

Net10 would let you even see your bill without a hassle. You have to pay money to see a Notary Public. You must photograph the serial number of your cell phone and your Drivers License and mail it to some address in Florida. I have been overcharged many times. I NEVER used the browser, don't know how to use it, yet they bave charged me! Net 10 Pure Evil. Stay away from the worst cell company in history.