NeoPets / unfair frozen account

i was unfairly frozen off my seven year account from neopets, i did nothing wrong, i am a 39 year old mother of three and housebound, i loved playing neopets but i was moving home and somehow my account was accessed and used to scam other users, i reported this to neopets and while awating their help i was frozen, their reason i scammed other users, i have tried since march 09 to get them to see it wasnt me, someone accessed my account and did the damage, they say( thats not the case, no one accessed my account but i accessed others, )i have proof i wasnt on the computer on the days this happened but they wont listen, all you get is automated responses, i was a good honest player on neopets, had a great account, didnt have neofriends or bothered with anyone, and am really annoyed this has happened but the most frustrating part is no-one will listen or respond, its happeneing constantly with other users also

Comments

• Dr
      8th of Aug, 2009

My 17 year old daughter just had her premium account frozen for no reason at all! I am furious because even though she can't acess it and we canceled the premium...the still charged my credit card again! Let me know if you find anything out. Someting very fraudulent is going on with this company and we need to report them to the Better Buisness Buero!

• As
      11th of Aug, 2009

My account was frozen a few days ago. I only had my account for 8 months, but I loved Neopets, and even got my boyfriend, and our kids interested. I was told that someone hacked into my account and scammed others. And even though I didn't do the scamming their policy states that they have to freeze the scammed account as well. They are punishing me for someone else's actions. I have been writting countless e-mails to them and have even thought about calling their 800 number, but I feel that my actions will be fruitless.

13th of Aug, 2009

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0, 2933, 530684, 00.html

I am an attorney that is investigating security issues for minors on neopets. I have noted a story concerning this matter. If anyone has children that play neopets, and experienced any privacy or security issues, please contact me, in confidence, to discuss the matter.

Attorney Joe malley
    dallas, texas

Malleylaw@gmail.com

• Wi
      18th of Sep, 2009

SHAME ON NEOPETS!!! I am disgusted with their Customer Service, or should I say LACK OF!!

I started playing Neopets in 2001. I am a mother of three children and found it a fun past time while I was home with the kids. The older two would play with me and it was a great time. I took a year or two break from playing Neopets and when I returned, they had instituted the birthdate as a log in. Being that it was years ago and I know I didn't put in the correct birthdate, I have been frozen from my account. I have answered all of the "personal" questions on their automated form letter, but they have not responded. It has been 1 1/2 years since I've attempted to gain access to "my" Neopets account. All I get is the form letter again - like I haven't sent it 20 times to them already.

I have tried to contact them by any means available and all i get is the automated form letter from Heidi@support.neopets.com. Some support!! I don't think customer support contains anything or anyone for that matter, but a standard automated form letter.

I guess I should consider myself lucky that I'm not one of the poor folks here that have paid for a Premium Account, only to be frozen not once, but repeatedly!

A children's site, that's what it used to be...Adam and Donna, please come back. Viacomm has ruined what was once funloving entertainment for families. I will not be one of those that makes a new account and neither will my family or friends.

Sandra B.

• 0 Votes

This should make you laugh. A child under 13, without having his parents sigh the COPPA form, who told the truth of his age got frozen for using profanity. When asked for proof since they are not allowed to post anything, they completely ignored the father instead of providing the proof. The child could not have used profanity since he has no access to boards, neomail ect.