Nedbank / 3rd world service-worst bank

1 Chicago, IL, United States Review updated:

I have a non-resident account with Nedbank and told that I have to do everything through my "personal" banker. . The customer service from this guy is about what I'd expect from the poorest 3rd world country. I email to have funds wired and maybe if I send 5 emails ...one will actually be responded to. Last time I needed a transfer I had emailed 8 times without response, Finally had to call and then filed a complaint with Nedbank asking to be switched to a new banker. All just to get MY money that I pay fees for having this account every month. Of course nothing happened and they didn't switch me to a new banker. I have a home loan that was paid off and I was told I can access it again any time and he won't let me access it. Says it's because I am a foreigner. Called the call center and they say I absolutely have a right to that money and there is no such rule. Has been a nightmare dealing with this bank. I'm not sure if it's because they aren't allowed to fire people in South Africa or why the service is so terrible. If any foreigners looking for a non-resident account I do NOT recommend this bank!!! Unless you like headaches and dealing with incompetent people.

Pp
May 11, 2015

Comments

Se
  30th of Oct, 2006
Nedbank South Africa & Namibia - Poor service!
Namibia

Because of total lack of services we can not receive money paid by our clients: merchant department in South Africa can not understand that bank account in Namibia changed a number and just keeps around 70 000 Rand of our money. Nothing can be done about, good old African service.

Nm
  31st of Aug, 2010
Nedbank - What a sleazy way of robbing your customers
nedbank.co.za

My boss wasn't able to pay me on time. I went shopping and spent money I did have to get food. My debit orders bounced knowing I wouln't have sufficient funds. Nedbank charges me R150 for spending money I did have because according to their computer system they only registered my food shopping after my debit orders had already bounced. what a sleazy way of robbing your customers.

Ob
  20th of Sep, 2010

Due to financial difficulties I had to make new payments arrangements with Nedbank Personal Loans. As stated, the repayment arrangement would run for a period of 3 months and then be evaluated. Whilst on a business trip this prior week, I saw that the payment that had come off was higher than agreed on and was going to contact them on my return to Johannesburg but received a call on the way back. The conversation was to thank me for my payment and that my payments where now back onto the full monthly installment. On questioning this, the operator found it funny I actually asked. I requested to speak to the manager but was told he wasn’t there but the team leader was. I spoke to the gentleman and he explained that it was company process to evaluate payments after 3 months which I agreed with but told him shouldn't they contact the customer to discuss this as they don’t know the customers financial status. He agreed and apologized that they didn’t. He asked if they should put my payment back to what it was and I declined. Bottom line... Nedbank and most corporate companies need to get there processes right and not just assume. Number one business rule.

Ei
  28th of Sep, 2010
Nedbank - Stay away from Nedbank
nedbank.co.za

I applied on line with nedbank for a personal loan on Friday morning, it is wednesday already no responce, this is pathetic service.

La
  14th of Dec, 2010
Nedbank - home
South Africa

complete waste of time, the people who work there, they do not assist, you will be pushed from pillar to post with no help, only to find out that you are under insured.

Ci
  18th of Jan, 2011
Nedbank - Letter of rescission requested and not supplied
Nedbank

Nedbank took default judgement on my account which i have already settled. Nedbank promised to proviode me with a letter of rescission to be e-mailed but have failed to deliver dispite request.

Bg
  25th of Jan, 2011
Nedbank - crap service
South Africa

nedbank is a waste of time they waste your valuable time and then they still have banners in their branch that your time is precious to them. I think they are the worst bank in existence . I will never ever go their again and i would advise people to go to standard bank the service is much better and the people are much more friendly. they are more helpfull and they willing to assist you. they make you feel like you their only customer

Hl
  25th of Jan, 2011
Nedbank - Can't get through to a consultant
Nedbank

I want to make one minor change to my personal loan. I opened a account with Nedbank now all i want is for the payment for my personal loan to come off from my Nedbank Account. The call center consultant just told me to wait and then i was hold for like forever.

Lo
  2nd of Feb, 2011

Hi. Please can you email your details to NCCE@nedbank.co.za and we will be happy to assist you in resolving this matter. Regards, Nedbank

Be
  21st of Feb, 2011
Nedbank - Seems like Nedbank does not want my business after all
Nedbank

My Building Home Loan was approved end of February. However, Nedbank has failed to register the bond.

It seems that some verbal agreements made during the negotiating process, can now not be catered for!! I have started building my house already (as per the agreement), and can now not continue because the bond is not registered!

Seems like Nedbank does not want my business after all.

St
  28th of Apr, 2011
Nedbank - one account to another
South Africa

ive got two accounts at nedbank i gave another comp permission to withdraw money from the one account and then they went without permission and withdraw 50000 rand from my other account without them knowing what was that accounts no i dont know how but thye did this mos elegal what can i do this is money i need

Et
  1st of Sep, 2011
Nedbank - No service at Nedbank
Namibia

Nedbank Namibia charges clients' credit cards at will, without reason and in absence of any instructions from its
merchants.
As usual all requests on why it is done are ignored by Nedbank.

Ma
  14th of Nov, 2011
Nedbank - Buildings built on place of gardens
Nedbank

I must congratulate you on the extension to your Sandton offices, however I would like to point out that the new building has been built on what used to be beautiful gardens containing hundreds of trees.