Ned Stevens Gutter Cleaning / Did work without my permission and ruined gutter guards

1 NJ, United States Review updated:

I called to have gutters cleaned once. It didn't look like they did much, but I wasn't home when they came. When I initially scheduled first cleaning, they asked if I'd like to be put on a service plan. I said "no", just come out once. One day I happened to be working from home and was conducting a conference call. I heard noise outside and saw Ned Stevens guys at my house. I never asked them to come, but couldn't go outside because I was on a business call. I watched the guys from the window. One guy was on the roof with a hose, just trickling water down the roof, while the other guy stood on a ladder just looking around my property. When he saw me looking, he was startled and started to make it look like he was working. I watched him push his hand into my gutter guards and throw the debris on my patio. Had I not been in the middle of conference call, I would have gone outside to stop them. I then looked at my gutters and saw they had damaged almost every gutter guard on my house, bending the metal up, so now they let leaves in! I called Ned Stevens and explained that i am not paying for a cleaning I DID NOt ask for and that they are lucky I am not suing them to replace all the guttter guards on my house. The woman from Ned Stevens INSISTED I asked them to come again and I am POSITIVE I said NO. She was extremely rude and said you have to pay REGARDLESS. NO interest in the damage to my gutters. They have continued to bill me. If they send it to collections I will sue for damages to replace gutters on my house which will cost MUCH mor than the $100 they are asking for services I did not request.

Comments

• Ns
      19th of Apr, 2010

I handled your complaint personally. I even called you recently, and you never returned my call (why?)

We are A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau. We only do work that was authorized. For Quality Assurance, all calls are recorded. We would be happy to provide you with your authorization if you would like to hear it. I have listened to the call and your service was CLEARLY authorized.

Having reviewed your account, it appears that you authorized 2 services. The first one you admit you authorized. So why have you refused to pay for that one as well?

We work hard for our customers to ensure happiness. However, some people you can't make happy, even when you do exactly what they asked.

• Sn
      27th of Aug, 2013

Too many complaints to ignore..."if it walks like a duck, smells like a duck, etc., " CAVEAT EMPTOR !

• Nm
      4th of Mar, 2014
    Ned Stevens Gutter Cleaning - Work not Performed
    Ned Stevens Gutter Cleaning
    20 N. Grand Blvd
    Brentwood

Crew came to clean gutters and thought no one was home. spent 5 minutes on roof and left, were supposed to clean all gutters and flush with garden hose, never even turned water on. Wife was home and saw the whole thing. they came back to finish job and were kind enough to not charge for the first visit, lolol

• Mi
      15th of Oct, 2014

This company purposely damages gutters or roof tiles so they can offer you repair from them, or someone they are tied in with. They are complete crooks! Most of the workers pretend to do the job, while they are really lurking around your back yard. And there was also an older man who would tell you that you have a leak, when all it was, (((( trickling water)))))) Do not trust this company. And they also take advantage of the elderly as well. SHAME ON YOU!