Nationstar Mortgage / we need help!

1 VA, United States Review updated:

We've been asking for a modification on our mortgage to help us keep our home. Nationstar has had us complete a long, very detailed packet twice this year, only to say, "Oh, we can't help you. We don't have any programs for people like you."

We have now moved from our home and have it leased just to be able to make the payments. But the lease amount won't cover the mortgage. Nationstar still gives us the run-around. And now they say that because we don't occupy the house, we now again don't match our programs for assistance.

We just need a little help. We need the mortgage payment lowered to the amount of our lease... $1550 a month, instead of the $2069 which is our current mortgage amount.

La
Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Ka
      22nd of Jul, 2011

This doesn't make sense...you signed a contract that said you would pay $"X" amount every month for "X" amount of time, but now that you cannot afford your payment, you expect the person on the other side of the table to change the contract terms? So if I get I car that I can't afford, make a few payments, then tell the car financing department, "I can't afford the payments, modify my terms/contract", the financing company is supposed to say "Okay, no big deal"? No, they repo the car and I have to get a car I can afford. I want to drive a Mercedes, but I can only afford the payment on a Kia.