Nationstar Mortgage / horrible company

1 VA, United States Review updated:

Last year my loan was sold to Nationstar by GMAC. They have to be the most terrible mortgage company I have dealt with.
Just yesterday I received a delinquency notice dated July 24, 2009 and the first line of the letter was: “Our records indicate that your monthly mortgage installment which was due on August 1, 2009 in the amount of (amount withheld) has not been received.”
I have contacted them via email inquiring as to how I could be receiving missed payment notices for dates that have yet to occur. Are they assuming my intent to be delinquint or do they have some sort of crystal ball or time machine.

Comments

• De
      30th of Jul, 2009

Just got the same notice in the mail this evening. Checked my account online and they charged me a late fee of $39 on August 17, 2009. Problem is, it's July 30, 2009 and I've already made my August payment. In fact I've never had a late payment. Ever. I've tried calling them for the past three hours but all their numbers are busy. WTF?

• Dj
      30th of Jul, 2009

Me too! Yesterday I received a notice that my bank account was debited for my July payment. Today I received a notice that it was overdue AND a letter dated July 24th stating that my Sept 1 payment and August 1 payment are overdue. That letter was from the FORECLOSURE department. This company is a mess and it is only going to negatively effect our credit. Can you say class action lawsuit!!!

30th of Jul, 2009

More than likely it's some sort of colossal screw-up. They probably sent out a lot of these - that would explain all the phone lines being busy. My actual statement indicated my account is fine so I doubt this is affecting anyone's credit. I don't know about a lawsuit but is does speak to some horrible business practices.

The letter you mention (that I rec'd also) could also be an attempt by Nationstar to scare people into some sort of modification program at terms more favorable to Nationstar (and far less favorable to us). I currently have a low interest fixed rate loan sold to Nationstar by GMAC.

Though getting a letter from the 'Foreclosure Prevention' department is very unsettling I don't think a mortgage company can foreclose on a property when the account is current and has been paid on time. I'll resume trying to contact them about it tomorrow. Hopefully there will be a good explanation. But if not I'll scan the letter and have it online and sent to major media outlets in a jiffy.

31st of Jul, 2009

It was a computer error.

Just spoke with customer service and got a nice apology. I almost feel sorry for them. They sent out hundreds of thousands of late payment notices in July based on not yet receiving mortgage payments for September 2009 - because of a computer error. I'd be willing to bet that there's been a few programmers added to the Texas unemployment rolls this week...

• Gr
      31st of Jul, 2009

I am having the same difficulty with this mortgage company. They bought it from GMAC late 2008 and I have had nothing but 'errors' with them. I received a letter dated July 22, stating my monthly payment had not been received. I also received a cancellation notice from my homeowners insurance company due to non-payment. Then I received the letter, dated July 24, 2009 that "as of Sept 1, 2009" my loan was past due and provided me a list of 'solutions' to bring my account current! Then I received a Loan Statement, notifying me that $66.78 was due and on the same sheet, it shows a credit of $572!!! I did speak with them this morning and the letters were sent 'in error'; however, little explanation was given on the amount due or how it came about. They were more than happy to fix it. To say the least, I am on the phone today trying to re-finance my mortage with some other company!!

GranTM

• Si
      4th of Aug, 2009

OMG! I have had nothing but Hel_, from Nationstar Mtg. ever since my loan was sold to them also in Dec of 2008. Constant letters and phone calls. I am so stressed that I have called the State offices of Financial Affairs for the state of Fla. Today they explained that I need to put my complaint in writing and mail it to their division. Include all copies of letters and late notices and that they will investigate. The only problem w/that is if I am the only person fifling a complaint w/my state office then nothing will evolve. I urge all of you to do the same. Contact your state attorney generals office, ask to speak to the State of ____? Office of Financial Regulations. And make the move to file the complaint. For all of you in FL. Their address is ...
    200 East Gaines Street
    Tallahassee, FL 32399-0381
    The 0381 after the zip is very important as it will only go to them that way.

I have just spoken to Nationstar and they claim this last letter and the one I received last week and the one about my Flood Ins. and my Escrow are all a GLICH in the SYSTEM!!
    Nationstar Mortgage is a GLICH in the MORTGAGE SYSTEM!

Simple2

• St
      27th of Aug, 2009

Steve Q, Puyallup Wa. Nationstar purchased my contract from GMAC in Dec. 2008. These bottom feeders tried to place escrow on the contract and they finally stopped the horassment for that issue now its something else they pulled from the air. They reported to the credit bureau fraudulantly and now I'm ready to go to the mat with these crooks. Ayear ago they were "Centex " I'm curious why they had to change their name.Don't tell me Obama supports this pack of low lifes. Nationstar my goal in life is to make you change your name again.

• Gy
      24th of Jun, 2011

I've had nothing but problems also with Nationstar since my loan was sold to them from GMAC. You have to be very careful when they send you the interest paid amount at year end for tax reporting. My amount was wrong by over 1900.00 and that's a lot of unreported interest. I had to obtain an attorney for the amount to be corrected so I would be able to file my taxes. In addition when you make an online payment and still have to pay an additional $6.95 you will give them the confirmation number that its been paid and the horrible customer service people will still call you DAILY without checking your records. I got a call 4 days straight and after checking my account they will only say they are sorry...and I will still get a call the next day. How absolutely stupid is that! I no longer answer the phone when I see the number when I know that talking to them makes no difference and I know my monthly payment has been made.

• Cc
      3rd of Oct, 2011

My escrow payment changed in 7/11 and i was short on my payment. They called me to tell me this, so i sent the balance over the phone. The rep said I was all squared up and I adjusted the next auto payment to reflect the new amoount. (so far so good) Then i start getting late charges. I called them and they all give a "this isn't making any sense" statement to me. They adjusted the payments and I continued to get the automated, "call us, its important" call.
    I call them back and it continues. Next rep gives the same, it doesnt make sense" speal and it "gets fixed".

Now they are saying I owe late fees from july and it was still on the books. Of he 5 calls made to them, none of them said I owe the money and now I do... this is really screwed up. The supervisor "Tommy" told me that the reps don't have to tell me that I owe money. You would think that they would want to get it if owed...

• Pl
      4th of Nov, 2011

Just submitted my application for HAMP on 10/25/11 with Bank of America. Submitted all the extensive paper work. Fed Ex back to Bank of America on 11/1/11. Low and behold Bank of America sold my loan to Nationstar, Dallas Texas, Interesting that Bank of American sold the loan 24 hours after I called for the application. Now it sounds like our nightmare starts with Nationstar.

plseeker

• Na
      13th of Nov, 2012

My loan was originally sold to Aurora Bank (another horrible company, and glad they are out of business). In July Nationstar took over my mortgage. I had a re-payment plan with Aurora Bank and had made all my payments are per specified in the agreement. In July I submitted my payment to Nationstar as per my agreement & the payment was returned. According to Nationstar my account was in default and they started foreclosure proceedings against me without any notification. When I contacted them they had "tacked on" an additional $3, 700.00 in fees that they wanted me to pay. I contacted a lawyer who read my original agreement with Aurora Bank and he informed Nationstar that I was not in default and that they started foreclosure proceedings illegally. It has now been 5 months & no one from the Nationstar legal department will respond to my attorney's letters. I have the money to bring my loan up to current however no one at Nationstar will speak with me or accept my payments. I think it is crazy that I am willing to pay them what is owed, but they won't get off their ### and accept the funds. They must have more money than they know what to do with.