Nationstar Mortgage / crooked company trying to get people out of their houses

1 ID, United States Review updated:

We had a loan with Flagstar that we had four a couple of years when the construction industry that I was in went through the floor. We were able to get a loan modification with flagstar and everything was just fine. We were able to make our monthly payment, when all of the sudden we got told our loan had been sold to Nationstar and we have a letter stating from flagstar that there would be absolutely no negative action with this transfer to Nationstar. Well ONE month after our loan was transfered we got a letter stating that we were going to be forclosed on if we didn't catch up our back payments, and that they had no records of any modification. The only modification program they could offer us would make our payment over 2800 a month which was 1000 dollars more a month than our normal payment, and that if we couldn't do that then our only options were to turn the house back over to them or forclose on it. Now we are in forclosure procedings. Isn't there any one out there regulating this industry, or can they basically kick anybody out of their house that they want to. Who do we call??????

Na

Comments

• Sn
      6th of Mar, 2011

I have seen numerous complaints about Nationstar Mortgage and I have the same problem that many people are. They will not accept a check, will not automatically debit your account, which now I am fearful of doing, since I have seen they will take your money out twice in the same month and then don't give it back. My mortgage was sold from Citimortgage to Nationstar Nov. 1, 2010, and it has been nothing but trouble. I have been trying to modify my mortgage since March 2010, I have reported them to the goverment and have also reported Citimortgage. Hopefully we all don't lose our houses with Nationstar, I am afraid to send them money, because they are so untrusworthy. I pray I can sell my house so that I don't have to deal with them anymore, I think they are a scam.

• Ne
      5th of Oct, 2011

I had Flagstar also from 2004 until about 2009 when they sold my mortgage to Nationstar. I tried the HAMP program, they kicked me off of it even though I did what they told me to do. If you call them they will tell you one thing and then if you call back the same day you get another rep on the phone and they tell you something else. They also give out bogus phone numbers for you to call to try to do an in house modification. I am now over 60 days late on my payments and afriad they will take my house. I am the only making the money in the family and it's not much so we are doing our best but cannot keep up on all the bills. Renting would actually be more costly in Michigan than my house payment. I just hope they don't come and padlock my doors soon.