Nationstar Mortgage / consumer information

Sanger, United States Review updated:

I have also been a victim of Nationstar Mortgage, but I have taken this issue a step further. I have researched how to file a formal complaint against this company. If you are serious about taking legal action against this company for violation of your legal rights, then please follow these simple instructions. The more people that file a formal complaint, the more these federal agencies will take notice to correct this problem.

The first agency to contact is the "Consumer Financial Protection Bureau" at either [protected] or by going on line to www.consumerfinance.gov.. You can either log a formal complaint by phone, internet, or they will mail you a complaint form to be filled out and then returned.

The second agency to contact is your Congressional representative for your area. Provide them with the necessary information so they are aware as this may ultimately go before a congressional hearing.

On a final note, if anyone out there knows how to contact these other individuals whom have filed complaints against Nationstar on this site and other sites, then please forward this information to them.

Sy
Feb 27, 2014

Comments

• Un
      6th of Mar, 2014

I have already filed complaint on consumerfinance.gov against Nationstar.
    They are incorrectly reporting the balloon payment as my past due and adversely affecting my credit.

• Hh
      2nd of Apr, 2014

My loan was sold to Nationstar. I tried for months to get a loan mod, I was denied, they claim that it did not qualify with Fannie Mae, because I'm self employed. Nationstar is the ### of the earth. Thanks for info so, I can file complaints, I have quite a list!

• Sl
      27th of Sep, 2014

Thank you, I have done what you suggested. I forgot about this agency, they do investigate

• Kt
      16th of Oct, 2014

Thank you for this contribution. I'll get on it. We paid a lump sum and applied it to our principal with the intent of automatically eliminating the PMI by getting the loan to value ratio below the 77% threshold our former Bank of America loan called for. Then we contacted Nationstar Mortgage to get confirmation it was done. Instead, they told us that they would require we get the loan to value ratio down below the 73% threshold, pay for another appraisal, and then they'd see if they could eliminate our PMI. Essentially, they changed the terms of the original loan (which we all know they can't do). After e-mailing and repeated calls with seemingly disinterested and unknowledgable customer service representatives, we're ready to take action.

• Da
      11th of Nov, 2014

Hello S.Y. Sanger and all other violated Nationstar customers,

We cannot thank you enough S.Y. Sanger for not only levying your complaint against Nationstar Mortgage in an effort to hold them accountable for their actions, but also for doing it in a public forum to help others accompanied by a solid avenue (CFPB) for mortgage relief for homeowners and borrowers…great job! You have turned your lemons into lemonade and have most likely picked up some valuable consumer rights education in the process that will serve you well for the remainder of your life. You MUST know your consumer rights to assert them and achieve desired results!

While I am sorry for the abuse that you ALL have suffered at the hands of Nationstar Mortgage, it is not surprising as we have the unfortunate pleasure of dealing with Nationstar on an hourly basis it seems for our clients that have experienced the same or similar current or delinquent mortgage servicing abuses to include CFPB violations for payments not being promptly and properly credited, restricted dual-tracking, fair review process, no runarounds, notification of foreclosure alternatives, refusal to provide payoffs and most importantly; unfair, deceptive and abusive acts and practices (UDAAP).

I routinely look for posts to answer in hope that it will not only bring optimism to those homeowners and borrowers in distress but also some basic information to assist in fighting the banks that are "too big to fail" but yet don't appreciate the bailout that we provided in their time of need. The debt collectors like SPS, SLS, Green Tree, Ocwen and Nationstar are simply just piranhas but they can be beat at their own game too just like the big banks can be defeated. You CAN win this fight!!!

With that said, you have provided a variety of wonderful options for homeowners and borrowers for relief in your posting but there are also so many more options available to borrowers and homeowners as follows for relief and action:

FTC

HUD/FHA

FBI

USDOT

RESPA

FDIC

We would be more than happy to educate you as to how to fight for your rights. My firm routinely seeks out complaints online so that we can educate as to how to fight back on our weekday show called "The Daily Complaint” where we review a complaint and how to tackle it successfully.

We reviewed your complaint on the show if you would like to listen, visit www.TheDailyComplaint.com

You can learn more by visiting the CFPB's website and becoming educated about the rights afforded you under the FDCPA, Dodd-Frank and RESPA via the CFPB. At a minimum, Nationstar has most likely violated your rights under the CFPB's new mortgage servicing rules (RESPA/TILA) as afforded you via the Dodd-Frank Act. Here is a link to the new rules: http://www.consumerfinance.gov/newsroom/consumer-financial-protection-bureau-rules-establish-strong-protections-for-homeowners-facing-foreclosure/

In the event you have further questions, you can contact me via email at [protected]@ConsultingEND.com or via the website at www.ConsultingEND.com or via phone (my full contact information is below) as I would be more than happy to contact Nationstar Mortgage on your behalf or with you to determine the status of your loan as well as what options exist for you as a borrower/homeowner!

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's END

Respectfully,