National Recovery Agency / calling wrong number and person

United States, Maryland Review updated:
I get annoying calls from the National Recovery Agency every week asking to speak to a woman that I have never heard of before. I keep telling the agents this and that the person they are trying to locate, must have given them my telephone number. The agent apologizes and tells me that my number will be taken off their list...I still, after two years of this nonsense. get their calls. Isn't there a way for them to track this woman down to see if they can catch her?
I don't know how to solve this, any answers? Mary

N  12th of Apr, 2009 by
contact the Attorney General. If you tell the collection agency not to call you any longer they must not.
N  2nd of Jun, 2009 by
ORannie you are mistaken.

You can tell them until you're blue in the face. Unless it's in writing they can call once a day every day if they want.

Blopdwen Mary Shorthouse:

By law, they must remove your number from their dialer and note the account that the number is not valid. Now, I am seeing two things wrong here: one, they are not removing your number; and two, they are discussing a debt with you knowing that you are not the responsible party. This is a violation of the FDCPA. If you are called again, get the name of the agent (collectors are personally liable for any FDCPA violations, as well as the company) and advise them that this is their final warning...remove the number or you will file complaints against company and the agent with the Federal Trade Commission. Good luck
A  17th of Feb, 2010 by
Hello, I have had problems with this company calling and asking for, son-in-laws, brothers-in-laws, neighbors! not one person that lives in my home. I have called them told themto remove my name & number was informed they would remove my name & number(yea right) the calls increased. I have called and written to the Attorney General in my state.(Ohio) they took care of it. I even got a written letter of apology and told it won't happen again. It hasn't from this company but now the allied collections company is started the same tactics so I will contact the AG office again. Hope this helps you.

National Recovery Agency / NRA Group Logo National Recovery Agency / NRA Group