National Readers ServiceDebiting Checking Account

R Review updated:

They call all the time! We tell them no more subscriptions, yet they send more and more. Stupid magazines come in the mail that we have no interest i! They keep debiting our checking account with random amounts from $11.00 to over $100.00!!! Can't stop them. Tried putting a stop payment on the checks, yet they change the name slightly or city, state, and they continue to go thru!!!

• C
      Jul 20, 2009

So how do I get an "unsubscribe" document to send National Readers?

• D
      Aug 15, 2009

Robyn's Mad,
    National Readers Service scammed my 19 year old. Suggestions for dealing with them are on my blog www.theNRSscam.blogspot.com
    Good luck,
    D/

• G
      Feb 18, 2010

I've had the same problem with NRS. They send me magazines that I have no interest in. I have received calls from them and told them to stop sending the magazines and stop calling. They ignore me and continue to send. I'm trying to call them now and have been on hold 10 minutes. I will be contacting Arizona AG's office Consumer Fraud Division.

• R
      Jul 02, 2010

I am sooo frustrated with this!!! They said I had a "coupon" to buy $1000 worth of stuff. I have not been able to do this. Plus was gonna have to pay S&H on all items chosen.

And everytime I try to call the number they've given to my bank, it is disconnected.

I need my $ back ($49.90/ month for magazines that have ABSOLUTELY no interest to me).

They were very convincing on the phone. Yet, they've not stood by the things which they have told me.

This is SUCH A SCAM!!!

• F
      Sep 29, 2010

Don't even get ME started! I, too, was duped. But they have started a new tactic...going by 2 names to get you to pay, and showing 2 different totals, hoping you'll be gullible to think, "Oh God, I signed up for 2 of these!" However, when pressed you get the same service date. Hmm.

Lookout not only for National Readers Service but ALSO Midwest Publishers Inc.!

Better yet. Just don't do it! If anyone does a cold call to you tell them to take your name off their list as that is the law. If you are already on the DO NOT CALL list tell them that and that they just broke the law. See who can hang up the fastest then!

Wish I had been the wiser back in March. Still fighting my strategy using the BBB, FTC, State AG, Consumer Affairs, and the list goes on. The more complaints I can file (and print to send to these 2 companies in response to their bully tactics) the better off I hope we will all be in the end. If they took you for a ride, file away too! Thanks D for all your suggestions at your blog! Everybody should go there!