National Magazine Exchange / they won't let me cancel

16120 US 19 NORTHClearwater, United States Review updated:
4.1
Phone: 8663749981
I got roped into listening to this damn thing, and before you know it I was locked into buying magazines. I turned around and tried to cancel 10 minutes later, and they said no cancelling the order. Someone please help me get out of this.

Comments

Vi
  3rd of Sep, 2008
I have the same problem and ill find an answer ... they cant make you buy something you dont want .changing magazines when you complain wont work i keep getting others i dontlike.. im canceling the bank draft and let them deal with it ... if you go to your credit card company and fill out a complaint against them and list it as not what you asked for ... the company will stop them ... im doing that if i can find out where im being pinged.. good luck
Sm
  19th of Nov, 2008
Sorry but most of you people are just plain dumb! You were LOCKED into magazines? O.k. they may be scammers but YOU said yes and YOU gave them your credit card number. I know someone who works there and I can tell you that you are told how much they are and YOU have more than one opportunity to say NO. Here's some advice...think before you speak and don't give your credit card info and personal info out to anyone. Here's some better advice...forget the sweepstakes...play lotto...you don't have to buy magazines to win.
Ed
  15th of Jan, 2009
First of all, to the previous guy before me. You need to shut up because until you've walked a mile in someone else's shoes, you have no right to judge anyone else. Secondly to the original poster, just have your account "frozen" so National Magazine Exchange can't take any more payments from you. You'll be sent to collections of course but who cares. The Collection company will eventually give up. And don't worry, you're not the only one to fall for this scam they have running in Clearwater, Florida.
La
  24th of Jul, 2009
I tried to cancel and they won't let me, so I cancelled that bank card and now they are sending me delinquent account notices. Will this ever end!!!
Fe
  2nd of Jan, 2011
Yes I must agree it is a rip off I tired canceling mines no they told me the same thing. They promised that i would recieve a told of 5to6 magazines.Finally I recieved a magazine, "yes only 1 magazine" which was months later. That 1 magazine was the only 1 i recieved for up to a year. "Yes we the people need justice" because i dont need petty s*** like dis on my credit. There has to be a loop hole somewhere! Besides the bank card was old cause i figured it was a scam but they are still sending me delinquent notices. They charged me for all these magazines and i only recieve one so why so i pay when i didn't get what i order so that's them not keeping their commitment to thier end of the contract.

National Magazine Exchange Logo National Magazine Exchange