National Car Rental / regina, saskatchewan airport location

Please read the below email to customer service about pricing gouging. I went to see a dying relative in Regina, SK. I returned the car rental but due to stress forgot the keys in my pocket. I couriered them back to the location as soon as I got off my flight to Edmonton, AB. You can read what happens next. No one at National cares.
I am preparing to go public because no one has even paid me the decency of a telephone call.
I want my money back. Your company should be embarrassed.
Further, I am an executive for a major Bank in Canada. I travel all the time. You obviously do not want my business. You'd rather gouge me while I was grieving.
Regards, Vanessa Laroque

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Vanessa Laroque
Date: November 19, 2017 at 8:29:12 PM MST
To: National Car Rental
Subject: Re: Update to Your Recent Feedback - National Car Rental - [[protected]]

Hi there
So, I sent this email to you on Nov.13 and no one has called me or followed up. The Regina location has charged me an additional $259. Do I have to advertise this on Twitter and Facebook how pathetic this situation this is?
This is consumer gouging for an innocent mistake.
Reverse this charge immediately to my credit card!
[protected]

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 13, 2017, at 3:01 PM, National Car Rental wrote:

Image
Neysha-11/13/2017 04:01 PM
Dear Vanessa,

Thank you for reaching out to us for handling your inquiry. I will be happy to get this in the right direction.

I am sorry to hear of the issue you described in your correspondence with us. We pride ourselves on our standard of customer service and we take every reported incident seriously.
I am escalating your incident directly to our contact over that region. They specialize in addressing and resolving all customer service inquiries stemming from this location.

They will contact you directly to resolve your inquiry. If you have any further queries or have not received a response within a reasonable time frame, please let us know by responding back to this email, and we will get in contact with the relevant members of our management team to ensure you receive a full response.

We appreciate you writing in and giving us your feedback. When customers take the time to do this it really helps us improve our service.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to email me back. Have a wonderful day!

Sincerely,
Neysha
National Car Rental Email Customer Service Representative

Vanessa Laroque-11/13/2017 03:55 PM
Hi there. I had a one day rental from your Regina, SK airport location. I realized 12 hrs later that they rental keys were in my pocket in Edmonton, AB. I immediately called your location to advise them I was couriering the keys asap. I was told I would be charged until the keys were received. I phoned back, I was advised that I wouldn't be charged and that they appreciated that I was returning them. I just received an email indicating that I will now be charged until the keys are received. Here is my email to your office in Regina. This is unacceptable customer service and frankly no one knows what's going on.
Aren't you in the customer service industry? I am and I rent a car once a week. Sadly, this is a cash grab on National's part when clearly you can rent the car out with your 2nd set of keys.
Do not charge my credit card. I am not authorizing it. In the day and age of social media, I am not sure why your company would get so uptight and be so ridiculous about something that I have handled with completely professionalism and have been totally prompt and polite.
Have you?

Hi Vivian
Here is my receipt for the priority courier that will be there tomorrow.
You can let your manager know that I was in Saskatchewan saying goodbye to a dying relative and if she'd like to charge my credit card until the keys get there that I am happy to escalate this matter to the Ombudsman.
I rent a car once a week and I have never been charged for days when making an innocent mistake. I don't for one second believe that there isn't an extra set of keys to the white Subaru that I returned yesterday. Furthermore, I don't believe that you are so incredibly busy that with demand for the Subaru that you will lose any money on this transaction.
Have a heart and tell your manager to use some customer service manners.