National Association of Independent Landlords / Numerous failures to conduct the requested background checks

1 WA, United States Review updated:

I have lost TWO potential tenants due to the lack of professionalism of this company. The first time the company didn't even bother to start the credit checks, so the couple decided to rent elsewhere.

The second time I placed SEVERAL phone calls to N.A.I.L to check on the status of the reports, due to the problems I experience earlier. The first time I was told that I would have the complete background report that same day (a Friday), but was only given a very brief report a few hours later - one that I had not even ordered. I called to explain that and was told that they had made a mistake and would have the complete report to me by the coming Monday.

Monday I called and was told that someone was working on it and I would have the report no later than Thursday. I left a message after hours on Thursday, since I had not received anything. By the following morning, Friday, I still hadn't received any information or even a return phone call. I called N.A.I.L and was told that the reports had NOT EVEN BEEN STARTED, despite my numerous calls.

I kept in contact with my potential tenants throughout the week long ordeal, letting them know that I was attempting to get the reports and should have them that day, then the following Monday, then that Thursday, and then Friday. By Friday, my potential tenants had enough and pulled their applications.

I now still have a house that sits empty on which I am paying the mortgage and utilities because this company DOES NOT DO IT'S JOB AS ADVERTISED. Please, do your self a favor and find another company. I know I will.

Comments

• El
      23rd of Mar, 2016

I agree 100%. I am a potential tenant who has a credit score of 801. I've waited 3.5 weeks for my potential landlords to get their report back from this company. I've called the landlord and each time they say they are still waiting. Three days ago, when I called the landlord again, she said that the company only sent back a partial report on me that did not include my credit score. She said everything else checked out, which is curious as my current employer and property manager told me that they haven't gotten any calls to verify my information. I used to work for Universal Background Screening and conducted pre-employment back ground checks for businesses. These background checks took anywhere from an hour to 3 days depending on if we were able to get a hold of the references and businesses in question. There is NO reason why my background check should take over 3 weeks, especially if they are just waiting for my credit score. I can go online right now and pull my credit in one minute. Because this process has taken over 3 weeks and I'm still waiting, I had to rescind my notice on my current house, cancel the carpet cleaner and put my friends on hold who were going to help me move. This is ridiculous and I would never ever use this business.