MyUS.com / Access USA Shipping / fedex refuse to release the package

1 United States

I shipped 3 items worth 212.86$ (including warranty replacement item 112.37$) from MyUS thru FedEx to DRC. it cost me 86.97$.
As the items arrived to the customs FedEx is demanding an invoice of 391.38$ (including duties and taxes) to deliver the items. knowing duties and taxes are 212$( which I'm willing to pay). I contacted MyUS about the high fees FedEx is asking for (179.39$) and they claim they have no part in it and they can't do nothing about and I have to pay to get the items.

• Thank you for sharing your experience. MyUS does not apply duties and taxes to your shipment as they are assessed and collected at the time of delivery with your customs office. https://www.myus.com/duties-taxes/

If there is anything we can do to help, please follow up with our support team so we can assist. Our support team works closely with carriers every day to ensure only the best shipping experience for our members. Thank you.

• Updated by Daniel Saab, Feb 14, 2019

As I stated. I'm willing to pay the duties and taxes (212$) because I know they are from the customs office and MyUS has nothing to do with it, but the problem is that FedEx is demanding way much higher value (391.38$) prior to delivering the parcel. As MyUS being the shipper, I can't follow with FedEx to solve the issue.

• We entirely understand your concern. If there is anything we can do to help, please follow up with our support team so they can confirm this information with our carriers.

• Updated by Daniel Saab, Feb 17, 2019

This issue happened with Invoice #19723712. you can check all related support conversations to confirm what I said.

Da