Mycomicshop.comrefund dispute

I have purchased plenty of books from mycomicshop.com/Lone Star Comics over the years but my recent experience with them has been atrocious. Bought a couple of comic books that were classified as in "Near Mint" condition from mycomicshop.com/Lone Star Comics. The books arrived damaged so I called their main office and spoke to "Skyler". Skyler requested that I return the books for a full refund including original shipping charges -- additionally they were going to refund the return shipping charges as well. About a week after sending the books back, they only processed a refund for the books but not the original or return shipping fees. Called the main office and spoke to "Skyler" again. When I asked for the reason why they only refunded the price of the books but not the shipping charges -- "Skyler" claimed that the books I returned were not damaged and therefore they would not be refunding the original or return shipping charges. Why would I return these books (Enormous #1 by 215 Ink) that are really hot on the comic book market IF THEY WERE NOT DAMAGED -- attaching some pictures for reference. I have noticed that mycomicshop.com have listed the book for $50 in VF condition (might even be the books that I returned). How convenient that mycomicshop.com would make that claim to get our from refunding me about $14 in original/return shipping charges. Called American Express to file a dispute... American Express just went ahead refunded the money... no fuss at all. It is sad to see how far a company has fallen to make a quick buck in a highly competitive comic book market. For $14 -- they have just bought my services to share this atrocious experience with others, including the Better Business Bureau.

Ja
Oct 05, 2014

Comments

Dec 18, 2018

Horrible costumer services ...supervisor Beth unhelpful

Stay away from this webpage if they sent your the wrong item they wont help you !! period !! ... plus Horrible costumer services ... supervisor Beth unhelpful and not willing to fix my order ... BE AWARE ... they send you a random comic so if you want the Newsstand or Direct edition you may receive the one comic that you dont need ... besides their website does not clarify any where which is which ...

Jun 21, 2019

Asked them over email to put "Do not leave outside" on the package. Beth Abbott from MyComicShop.com said over email she would. I still have this email in my Hotmail account. My local post office looks for this on any packages of mine they get and WILL hold it at the post office if they see the words on the package. The package was left outside and went missing. Obviously the words were NOT written on the package as promised by Beth. Called them on 7/20/18 for refund and they were rude and would not even refund my shipping! I called back on 7/30/18 and spoke to the owner, Buddy who accused me of being the rude party but promised me a refund. I asked for it in writing but he ignored this request and said he was hanging up. Called back and spoke to Skyler who also ignored my request and told me, "the conversation is over" I emailed them requesting an ETA of my refund that they promised and had to open up a PayPal request. When I called back Beth Abbott denied that Buddy ever said he was giving me a refund. She lied flat out as hours later the refund was granted through PayPal.

I looked on other sites for the same book I ordered and those who had it were pricing it for at least $50 less in the same condition! I should have just gone with one of their competitors in the first place! No wonder they had to close up their brick and mortar stores years ago! The negative Glassdoor reviews on being an employee there do not appear to be a positive sign either!

After I ordered from them I received an uptick in the amount of junk emails I receive. They appear to give out customer's emails without their consent as well.

To sum it up:

-They are rude.
    -They do not listen to directions.
    -They lie.
    -Their prices are inflated compared to other online graphic novel dealers.
    -They give out your information without consent.

Do not buy from!