Multichoice / channel deletion

1 All, South Africa Review updated:

What a greedy, selfish company! Keep closing down channels but when a new one launches, it's only for 'premium' viewers e.g channel 123 tonight at 17.30. Some folk just cannot afford R700 a month for premium channels but those same folk miss the channels that were included in their cheaper bouquet now deleted and not replaced! e.g 171. Disgusting and should be addressed, particularly for pensioners who rely on TV for company and have a limited budget!

Jc
May 5, 2015

Comments

• Wa
      28th of Aug, 2010
    Multichoice - We experienced the delayed soundtrack on the English soundtrack during the rugby
    multichoice.co.za

We also experienced the delayed soundtrack on the English soundtrack during the rugby. And all of the other DSTV channels were fine, so it was definitely a Multichoice problem, regardless of the denials.

• To
      2nd of Sep, 2010

Watch out for Direct TV 2 year contract. It's a scam. The first year you save on TV. They don't tell you about the 2nd year payment. The 2nd year payment... you pay out the ### for it and they cheat you on the high prices for TV package deals. It's a bogus deal with the telephone companies. They act like...they going to give you, good deals with the telephone companies. My opinion. They are as dirty and sneaky as comcast with the hidden fees and scams. The bad part about it. You pay to get out of the 2 year contract and they label you as bad credit for their 2 year contract.. Your best bet is not to get Direct TV at all! Because you will pay for it. In the 2 year. That's no lie.

10th of Sep, 2010
    Multichoice - phuthuma nathi share scheme
    multichoice sa
    South Africa

I bought shares at phuhuma nathi share scheme, but never payment since then my banking details have change, what should i do please help!

• St
      14th of Sep, 2010
    Multichoice - Phoned different call center numbers but no answer
    multichoice.co.za

Tried to have my dstv card linked to another decoder through the 32443 sms, sms return says that it will be reset within 30 minutes, still nothing after 7 hours and 3 sms's! Phoned different call center numbers but no answer!!!

• Vi
      6th of Oct, 2010
    Multichoice - Service cut-off again due to incompetence
    Multichoice

My account fell in arrears due to multichoice deciding to stop charginmg my credit card. I then paid the arreas amount and 1 month in advance. The service was connected and then cut-off again 12 hours later. We have raised it with multichoice again, but they have not yet reconnected teh service or responded after 7 hours.

• Hl
      3rd of Feb, 2011
    Multichoice - You take repeats to a whole new level
    Multichoice

You reapat some movies 10 times a day, other movies only once a week. Please be consistant. How many times must i watch philidelphia. It is a ****movie and now I must watch it a million times. Do you get incentives for playing one movie 10 times.

• Ss
      17th of Apr, 2011
    Multichoice - MNET
    South Africa

Recently Mnet did what they called a terestrial split, what this means is that Mnet transmition only switches over at 19:30pm. So no more Ktv or day time programming... Why should I pay full price for half a service???

Regards
    S swart
    0844 537 357

• Jv
      6th of Sep, 2011
    Multichoice - Account Billing
    Private
    South Africa

After suspending my account in May 2011, i reconnected it on August 1, 2011, but paid for it on 30 July 2011 via internet banking. The amount I paid still doesn't reflect on my account. I have been swicthed off three times during August 6, 2011 and September 6, 2011. Now who has pockted the money, or was it put aside for the boss annual bonus or year end fucntion for the staff or did some make out credit note to pay some else account.

• Ra
      5th of Dec, 2011
    Multichoice - Non delivery of monthly magazine
    South Africa

I have not had delivery of the Dish Magazine for 4 months. My address has been unchanged for 10 years. When I do phone I am told that they cannot send me another book. Despite several telephone calls and emails, nobody is prepared to deal with this matter. Rather shameful considering the costs of the Premium subscription.

• Bo
      23rd of Dec, 2011
    Multichoice - reconnection of suspended dstv service
    TZ Sithebe ( Private)
    South Africa

My sister T.Z Sithebe has paid her dstv account at absa bank on the19th of December 2011 on the smartcard no 4134813393.She has phoned your call centre and could not find any help.Please reconnect her DSTV service.

3rd of Dec, 2012
    Multichoice - bad service
    multichoice
    dstv.com

Iive paid my dstv and its still not reconnected...I phoned more than 12 times since yesterday.nobody can tell me what the reason is and the they stiil put the phone down in my ear...iam wasting airtime to phone them but still no answers!!!

6th of Jul, 2013

I paid my dstv account incl reconection fee on friday 05/07/2013 around 20hrs, but up to now, my dstv has not been reconected. my smart card account is 41350348821.And payment reference is 71799517584197846 at shoprite store.

6th of Jul, 2013

Why my dstv is not yet reconected up to now?

• Mp
      10th of Sep, 2013

My name is Ms. M.T Tabane i paid my dstv account including re-connection fee on Monday 09/09/2013, I hereby request that my dstv be re-connected. My smart card account is 42636996946, And payment reference is 1137469478212 at Pep Store Klerksdorp.

• Va
      19th of Oct, 2013
    Multichoice - subtitles
    South Africa

subtitles not always available even on the same programme series or movies. complaints to the call centre only result in an explanation of what subtitles are. As a hard -of-hearing person, this feature makes for viewing pleasure and quite frustrating and disappointing when it is not available on a regular basis

• Js
      6th of Dec, 2014

Am john makgato smartcard no 4135207793, cell no 0715160300 Please recconect my dstv account i have paid this morning @pep, my children are crying Cos ithey can't watch tv,

• Jh
      6th of Aug, 2015

you advertise that no matter what program package you have, you can still record any program .
    I am in a retirement village and we have the same package as a guesthouse have but can not record the programs . I feel this is discriminating .
    unhappy customer
    J H Purdy

• Jp
      5th of Nov, 2015

I am disturbed that despite the fact that there is a gospel channel on DSTV Audio that The Light, which is marketed as a new age channel is almost exclusively a gospel channel as well. Why is this ?

4th of Apr, 2016

I tried calling and using Facebook and it seems that the removed channel sage continue. I don't want to move to a package without Kyknet as I was told on the other Select package the particular channel is still available at the same price. This is discrimination against people choosing an Afrikaans channel and probably because I am white. Why can't somebody intervene to correct the unfairness or must one take it to the Public Protector to get the channel back that was remove without notice or explanation. DStv is not responding to my complaint.