MultiChoice / an attack on christian values

1 144 Bram Fisher Drive RandburgJohannesburg, South Africa Review updated:

I find it utterly disturbing that DSTV (Multi-choice brand) would allow a TV program to air on 1 of their prime channels (MNETedge) named "lucifer" that promotes and idolizes an extremist religion - satanism! Airing: 27 January 2016 @ 07:00pm This is highly irresponsible behavior from the senior management at MultiChoice/DSTV/MNET and fail to realize that South Africa is a Christian nation and by airing this anathema to Christianity they are bound to do more harm to their brand/reputation than they understand. Would mnet allow their channel to promote islamic extremism by playing a tv series called "Osama Bin Laden"? that plays down the crimes of this religious extremist? absolutely no difference between satanism and islamic extremism. Having had a DSTV premium package for over 15 years I would absolutely rather cancel my subscription as opposed to run the risk of having one or more of the many people that live here to be exposed to this degenerative poison. Resolution: Remove the show from the upcoming lineup.

Re
Jan 19, 2016

Comments

• Na
      25th of Jan, 2016

Since a subscriber decides what gets aired on the programmes that we pay for and watch...
    if this programme is NOT REMOVED..
    we will cancel our subscription and forward to our families and friends to do the same..
    and consider other new possibilities Available In South Africa at this point in time..
    very disappointed in you!!
    Clearly this has become all about money and the irresponsibility to promote, hatred and evil in an already disturbed and corrupt country..
    why Not do what is responsible; to build up this country and NOT TEAR IT DOWN FURTHER!!!

• Mi
      27th of Jan, 2016
    Best Best Advice +4 Votes

I am totally shocked about the fact that Multichoice - MNet is going to air this Series. Many Christians subscribe to DSTV and this series is totally disrespectful to our beliefs and mocks our Bible and our God!
    I am going to reconsider my subscription depending on the outcome!

• Ly
      28th of Jan, 2016

Utter discussed about the program Lucifer aired on DSTV channel 102 last night. I as a Christian take exception that you and your company can so blatantly promote Satanism. You will definitely loose my account should this series not be removed from the air!!!

• Ly
      28th of Jan, 2016

As a Christian I am utterly appalled and take exception that Multi Choice/DSTV is prepared to air a series, viz. Lucifer on Channel 102, that blatantly promotes Satanism. This program makes a mockery of the Bible and our Almighty God! You have shown the utmost disrespect to all your Christian subscribers' beliefs and mocked our God ... do you even realize what you are doing? Our God is not mocked!!!
    To avoid the risk of having any family member residing in my home or friends that visit be exposed to this degenerative poison, I'd rather cancel my subscription.
    The Only Resolution is to Remove the show from the upcoming lineup.

• Na
      28th of Jan, 2016

DSTV? Really how sly can you get?
    You choose NOT to cancel the programme but move it to a different day, a different time slot and a different day and time for repeats!!
    Did you really think that Christians cannot think for themselves and would not find out?
    CANCEL this show and NOT move it to another time slot or day, or we WILL cancel our subscriptions!
    We WILL NOT ACCEPT THIS MOCKERY ON OUR GOD!!

• Fr

PROMOTION OF THE DEVIL BY THE NEW WORLD ORDER
    I phoned DSTV customer care line this morning and the arrogant operator refuses to cancel my subscription.
    I had to wrote a email to Naspers IR department to get my subscription cancelled.
    I AM CALLING UPON ALL CHRISTIANS IN THIS COUNTRY TO STAND UP AGAINST THE DEVIL AND HIS ALLIES.

• Ky
      1st of Feb, 2016

close them down immediately

• En
      1st of Feb, 2016

Kudos to DSTV! Anything that mocks religion is doing a public service. If profoundly ignorant brainwashed people want to believe in voodoo, that's their problem. Unfortunately religious crazies have been responsable for more misery and death throughout human history than malaria, tuberculosis, and AIDS. Religion not only reflects profound ignorance, it is for the most part anti-female, anti-science, homophobic, and constitutes a form of child abuse, giving innocent kids the notion of sin, Satan, and hell-- just for j*****g off, or having "impure" thoughts..
    What islamic fanatics are doing to christians is nothing compared to what catholics did to protestants, christians did to jews, catholics did to indigenous populations in Latin America, etc., etc.
    To paraphrase Christopher Hitchens, I only regret that there is no hell so that religious fanatics could go there. But...just for the hell of it...you should all go to hell! And BTW, the icon of some hot crazy guy who thinks he's god's son, barely dressed, nailed to a cross, is a great homoerotic sadomasochistic image.

2nd of Feb, 2016

Feel sorry for people who have been misled by Satan to believe that there is no religion or God. It is unfortunate that Satan has been so successful in using people in churches to cause the very crimes you are referring to. That is exactly the nature of Satan - to use the weaknesses of the same people who are supposed to work FOR the church and turn them to do the opposite. It is Satan's nature to deceive. Clearly DSTV and many others have already been deceived as well. That is why this series is unacceptable. We will not subscribe to a company that spreads the word of Satan.

• Dw
      3rd of Feb, 2016

You all need a life. Only extremist religion here is you Christian nuts

18th of Feb, 2016

Lucifer has always been an attraction to those living in darkness. Mnet is in trouble and are trying to attract more viewers even if they have to promote Satanism. People in darkness don't understand the power of demonic spirits. When you allow Lucifer to be broadcast throughout South Africa something is coming. Murder, rape, drugs, robbery and violence will increase at a alarming paste. There is blood on the hands of Mnet management. This will also effect the economy. and Mnet will be the first to feel it.
    i am praying that the management will come to repentance of this sin against the people of South Africa. Every person that viewed this program of Lucifer, their blood would be ask from the management. The terrible day of judgement is coming! I have already cancelled my subscription with Multichoice and Mweb because Multichoice, Mnet and Mweb are under the same group.